Feature Request: File attachments in iOS apps

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting us know this will be useful to you as well, kilgoretrout! :-)
  • Hello,
    I too signed up for an account on these forums just to voice my desire and need for pdf/jpg attachment viewing capability in 1Password for the IPhone.

Hopefully Agile was so successful over the holidays that they have the resources to take on this large feature request! Please keep us posted if this functionality is in the pipeline for 2011.

Thanks!
    Matthew
  • mcshepar wrote:

Hello,
    I too signed up for an account on these forums just to voice my desire and need for pdf/jpg attachment viewing capability in 1Password for the IPhone.

Hopefully Agile was so successful over the holidays that they have the resources to take on this large feature request! Please keep us posted if this functionality is in the pipeline for 2011.

Thanks!
    Matthew

Hi, Matthew, and welcome to the forums!

This is definitely on our list of things to do. Can't say for sure when it'll be available, but we'll make some noise when it is. :-)

Thanks for adding your vote!
  • jw34
    jw34
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    Any word on this feature? I'm using Good Reader right now with some 256 bit encrypted PDF files but thought how much nicer it would be if I could use 1P to store the same (unencrypted) pdf files as attachments. Then clicking on the files would give the option of opening them in apps that would read pdfs (other apps offer this option). That way I have the best security in using 1P with a nice viewing experience (in my case, Good Reader).

I really hope some sort of attachment option happens in iOS 1P.
  • It's in the plans, but no word on timeframe. We have some great things in store for 1Password touch that we're looking forward to this year.
  • schalker
    schalker
    Community Member
    Another vote from here. I have paper sheet of 200 TANs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transaction_authentication_number), which I scanned. I'd love to have a safe storage for these numbers.
  • + 1 vote :)

I recently migrated all my passwords, etc from SplashID which I've used for years (mainly due to their very poor sync). But the two things I do miss are:

1. Attachments (they did support them and I still need to use SplashID for those records where I need those JPGs and PDFs).
    2. Customizable fields on entries other than logins.
    3. a more flexible password generator on the iOS versions (eg: supporting pronounceable passwords, as you do on the Mac version).

Great apps, keep it up! :)
  • Another vote (from a new 1Password user) for this feature on the iPhone.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, jc79, and thanks for the kind words! :-)

The features you mention are definitely on our radar for future releases. Thanks for letting us know you are interested in them as well.
  • I will vote for this attachment feature sync for the IPAD/IPHONE application, too.

Yours
    Christoph
  • void
    edited February 2011
    I need this too. And why on earth can you not take a photo ( of, say, a CC or a keycard) and save it inside 1password? Blows my mind.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, schalker, Christoph, and void!

Thanks for the votes, folks. :-)

This is certainly on our radar!
  • mculver
    mculver
    Community Member
    Can you consider adding the functionality to take pictures of membership cards with barcodes, etc. The functionality would be able to add to the 1Password Wallet and scan in cards similar to the card scan apps on the app store. This would also be great for healthcare id cards, driver's licenses, etc. It sure would make my wallet thinner. Great products. I have 1Password on all my Apple products.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey mculver, I have merged your post with the attachments thread as your request goes hand in hand with attachments. :-)

I don't have anything new to announce just yet, but this is near and dear to our hearts. I know I am personally really looking forward to this.
  • bencox76
    bencox76
    Community Member
    edited February 2011
    +1 for this one, and I'm another who has signed in to the forum just to voice my opinion on this topic.

It's a big deal for me, personally. In my case, the Wallet feature is not particularly useful without it.

By the way - should I be adding this to some other, more formal bug/feature tracker where these votes can be tallied?

Cheers,

Ben

P.S. I really like this forum software - did you guys write it?
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    bencox76 wrote:

P.S. I really like this forum software - did you guys write it?

Nope; see the link at the bottom-right corner of most pages:

Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.1.2
  • Ran into a situation where I could have used this today and thought I'd pop in to say 'hey, can you view attachments on 1Password Touch?' and lo-and-behold there's a forum topic for it.

Count me in as someone saying 'let us know when it's ready, please!'
  • +1 for this one - just another user signed up only for voting for this feature =)
  • jw34
    jw34
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

there's coffee over in the Lounge and I think Khad mentioned something about some cookies later :-)

See, even the coffee gets an attachment at some point!

Good to see this thread still gets some views keeping the hope alive.
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Mmmm, cookies. I believe we have some cake for Jeff in the lounge.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"]
    jw34 wrote:

See, even the coffee gets an attachment at some point!

Good to see this thread still gets some views keeping the hope alive.

We get a LOT of emails about this, so the forum isn’t the only place. I would love to have this for myself as well. Even if this thread is collecting dust, we’re not and this feature is one of our top most requested feature for the iOS versions. It is very unlikely that our customers will let us forget. [/font]wink.gif
  • Berni
    Berni
    Community Member
    Hi all,

I have bought both versions of 1Password. For Mac and for iPhone / iPad. Now I have experienced that it is not working to sync attachments (pictures or PDF) to the iPhone.
    Do you plan to implement this?

Or do you have a hint that this will work?

Many thanks
    Bernhard
  • I'd like to add my vote for attachments to iPhone / iPad SOON. There are numerous viewers available for both (Good Reader is particularly ...well ... good). What good is having the ability to add attachments in the Mac version, sync via DropBox, and have all the attachments unable to be used on the mobile device?
  • You could add it with Dropbox sync. Store the files on Dropbox will be an option. You need internet connect, but this is only one small disadvantage.
  • My idea was syncing the files from Mac/PC to Dropbox (this already happen). And then sync the passwords and everything with the mobile device, but not the files.
    Now you have your files entcrypted on your PC/mac and on Dropbox. If you need this file on your mobile device, you click it in 1P, 1P will load it from the Dropbox and encrypt it. Now you can use it. When you finished, the file will be deleted.
    You can write something to store often used files on the device and less often used not.

I hope you understand whats my idea. Otherwise I'll draw a picture.
  • percheron
    percheron
    Community Member
    Add my vote for the attachment functionality on the mobile 1Password.

Here are my 2¢:
    1. on the desktop app, add a flag for whether or not an attachment should be sync'd to mobile devices;
    2. on the mobile app, include a "link" to download individual attachments and set the flag to keep the specified attachment sync'd.
    3. limit the file types that can be viewed, if necessary.

Keep up the great work! 1Password is indispensable.
  • +1 for attachments in 1Password Touch. I was a sad panda when I scanned my important documents and they did not show up.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, CNDS.

We are all very excited about iOS attachments. Thanks for letting us know that it would be useful to you as well!
  • khb54321
    khb54321
    Community Member
    Just adding my vote: attachments!
    I "get" that there are difficulties. 1Password is such an awesome product, I am sure you'll come up with something. I hope that's pretty soon.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, khb54321, and thanks for the vote!

I "get" that there are difficulties. 1Password is such an awesome product, I am sure you'll come up with something. I hope that's pretty soon.

I couldn't agree more. :lol:
  • dropmybox
    edited April 2011
    I use dropbox to synch my 1Password agilekeychain between my Mac and my Iphone 4. Everything synchs fine except for files. None of them appear on my iPhone.

So I have an item, say software xyz, it will show all information on the iPhone app but the file is not shown. On my Mac the file is there. How do I fix this?

I also have a dropbox app on my iphone as well as my Mac. The folder sync works fine, too. Is there a synch conflict?
This discussion has been closed.