How to sync between Mac and Android

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Recovering unsaved generated passwords, data location, sync, and license questions.

Comments

• mariof
    mariof
    Community Member
    Options

i have downloaded the app for android but how do i get my passwords there?
    it can be more secure but to me it seems difficult not to have my data online. i was using the ipad of a friend of mine and boom, i couldn't enter in any of my sites...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mariof,

Since your question is about how to sync 1Password for Android, I've moved your message to our Android forums so you can get more help with this.

If you haven't already done so, you can find information about syncing 1Password for Android in this User Guide article. Does that help? If you have questions about that or run into any problems trying to set that up, please let us know. Thanks!

• mariof
    mariof
    Community Member
    Options
    1. why can't i use google drive instead of dropbox?
    2. if i opt for the local storage i don't have the "create the vault" button when i scroll among my folders.
  • peri
    Options

Hey @mariof. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

First off, Google Drive sync is not currently supported on 1Password 4 for Android (or any platform for that matter). That isn't to say that you can't sync with Google Drive. We've heard from several customers who've had success syncing with Google Drive. The only caveat is that since we don't officially support Google Drive, we can't guarantee that it will work without errors. We will always do our best to help out with any errors that do arise, though.

To answer your second question, when you launch 1Password 4 for the first time on your Android, you'll be asked whether you'd like to sync with an existing vault ("I've used 1Password before"), or whether you'd like to create a new vault ("I'm new to 1Password"). Choosing "I'm new to 1Password" will create a new vault for you. You'll choose a master password (and enter it twice), followed by a password hint. Once you've done this, tap Settings > Security, and toggle Sync to ON. Then you'll have the option to sync with local storage.

I hope that answers your questions. Please let us know if you need any further clarification!

This discussion has been closed.