License for 1Password3 for Mac (Snow Leopard--10.6.8)

My parents have an older Mac and do not want to upgrade to a newer OS (don't want to give up AppleWorks). I've installed 1Password3 on their Mac, and they love it, but in 30 days, the trial will expire. How can they buy a license for 1Password3, rather than the latest version? Thank you.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@tdroscha

AgileBits doesn't sell 1Password 3 any longer. However...

The work around is to purchase a license of 1Password 5 currently available through the store. https://agilebits.com/store That license will work on both 1Password 4 and 1Password 5. In addition to that, you will receive a license for 1Password 3 at the same time. It should be automated and all of them are included on the same license details email. If for some reason the 1Password 3 key is not included simply email support+license@agilebits.com They will be happy to assist you and generate one.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tdroscha,

thightower is spot on here. It also means that if you do eventually upgrade your parents' Mac they are still entitled to run 1Password 5 as using 1Password 3 does not alter the fact that you posses a licence for 1Password 5.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not in the foreseeable future but Apple give away Pages, Numbers & Keynote when you purchase a new Mac. They're connected to your Apple ID so once they're in your purchases they can be legitimately downloaded to any other Mac you own. Same goes for an iOS device (platform specific of course).

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.