sync with drop box

I have tried to add my 1password vault websites from my ios iphone to my 1password app on mac ox s 10.7.5. Version for iphone is 5.4.1 my mac 1password app is 3.8.2 please help

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klkuppe01 ,

If I understand you correctly, your current 1Password database is on your iPhone (in 1Password 5 for iOS), and you would like to have this data on your Mac (in 1Password 3 for Mac). Now, if there is any data in 1Password 3 for Mac that you wish to merge with the data on your iPhone, please let me know before proceeding, as the steps will be different.

These steps will sync your iPhone to Dropbox and open the iPhone's data in 1Password 3 for Mac:

• Set up Dropbox sync on your iPhone, if you haven't already done so.
    • Ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your Mac.
    • Quit 1Password for Mac.
    • Find the 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox.
    • Double-click.
    • This will open 1Password 3 for Mac and prompt you for your Master Password.
    • Enter the Master Password that you use on your iPhone.
    • Your database will unlock.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• klkuppe01
    klkuppe01
    Community Member

Megan- my logins are in my 1password 3 on my MacBook. But I don't know how to use them to logo to a website

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klkuppe01,

Thanks for clarifying! I hope you don't mind, but since your question is about version 3, I've moved this discussion to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum.

In order to have 1Password fill your login information on websites, you'll need to install the 1Password extension in your web browser. To install the browser extension, open the main 1Password app on your Mac and go to the menu for 1Password > Install Browser Extensions. Follow the steps on the website that opens to install the extension.

Once the extension is installed, you can either double-click a Login item in the 1Password app to open it in your browser and fill the login details, or you can choose the Login item from the 1Password extension which you should now see in the toolbar of your browser (or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut from your browser).

Does that help? If you have more questions about that, just let us know - we're always glad to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.