Cannot login when 1P browser extension enabled

Options

**Expected activity: **Using Chrome extension select web site to log into. Browser tab opens site, 1P enters credentials, 1P or manual click to submit credentials. Logged in.

**Observed activity: **Using Chrome extension select web site to log into. Browser tab opens site, 1P enters credentials, 1P or manual click to submit credentials. Submit button does not operate. Not sending request.
Turn off 1P Chrome extension, can log in by typing credentials and clicking submit. Same inability to login exists as long as 1P Chrome extension is enabled.
I have deleted and reentered the credentials for this web site and it has not fixed the issue.

Some details

• web site is a sub domain https://subdomain.site.com
  • issue ONLY occurs on the one domain. I can login on other domains when browser extension is enabled (points to domain related issue I suspect)
  • 1P did has several different user accounts for same URL (e.g., admin, user0, user1...)
  • same issue holds true across several computers sharing the same 1P vault
  • same issue holds true across all browsers that have 1P extension enabled (e.g., Chrome, FF, Safari). Turning off extension solves issue on each browser
  • turning off or deleting 1P browser extension solves issue
  • all machines running OS X 10.10.3, Chrome 42.0.2311.90 (64-bit)

Can share additional details in private communication.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlabatt,

I think the developers would be quite intrigued to see this as would I. Would you be comfortable messaging myself here on the forums with the exact URL so we can try and work out what is going on?

• rlabatt
    rlabatt
    Community Member
    Options

I have messaged you privately.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlabatt,

Thank you, I've tested and reproduced all of your results. Using this I've created a bug report for the extensions team to pour over and discover what's going on. Thank you for bringing this to our attention :smile:

ref: OPX-977

• rlabatt
    rlabatt
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent. Glad to help make 1P incrementally better. Assuming/hoping that you will message here when the fix is released.
    Perhaps not a fair question, but any ETA?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlabatt,

I wish I could say but it would be a complete guess, nothing you could trust. The issue is properly reported and reproducible which makes it easier for the devs to investigate. Another plus is it seems to be just the extension involved. The extension doesn't have to be updated at the same time as the 1Password application and has its own release schedule meaning we're not beholden to the main app's schedule.

Now it may turn out that this site does something fairly unique and trying to behave with it will be a really complex fix. Until the devs get a chance to investigate it's just too early to say. I did try to see if any JavaScript errors were being fired off but I couldn't see anything nice and obvious. I suspect it will take a developer with a proper debugger to figure this out.

• rlabatt
    rlabatt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! If the site is doing something funky please let me know via private channel so we can fix it. I imagine though that you will want to fix this in general.
    Happy weekend.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You too :smile:

• rlabatt
    rlabatt
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on the fix for this issue? Driving me nuts. :) (the issue, not the response time)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlabatt,

I can understand this would be very frustrating if you need to visit the site even semi-regularly. Unfortunately there isn't any progress to report. I shall make enquiries with devs once they're awake (different timezones) and see if a nudge can help at all.

I apologise that I don't have better news to report at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.