Downloading from the App Store

Options
DBinPdx
DBinPdx
Community Member

I would like to download 1Password from the Mac store so that I have it on file but when I go the the site I strangely cannot find a way to actuate a purchase. What gives? Thanks

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm puzzled about what you want to do. Do you already have a copy of 1Password installed? And you want to download another copy to store away for some purpose? If that's the situation, I'm not surprised that there isn't a download option at the Mac App Store. You can find a list of purchases you made under your Apple ID under the Purchases tab at the Mac App Store, but there won't be an option to download if it's already installed. If for some reason you need to reinstall it on a machine that doesn't already have it, you would log in to the Mac App Store under the same Apple ID you used to buy the license, click the Purchases tab, and on the list will be the download button you are looking for so you can put it on another machine using the same Apple ID.

If I've misunderstood, post back. If you are saying that you cannot buy a copy there in the first place, that would be a different matter.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DBinPdx,

Hopefully hawkmoth's information was helpful, but as he said, if that doesn't seem to address the problem, please give us some more information about what you're trying to do, the steps you're taking to do it, and what happens instead. The more details, the better. Thanks!

• DBinPdx
    DBinPdx
    Community Member
    Options

I found it works a lot better if I sign in. I'd signed in on a different tab and nothing would happen when I click the price. When I did click the price it started installing, but at the $49.99 level... I had a coupon for $10 off. Hmmm. Thanks for the followup though. I'll need to go through it again when I get around to installing on my phone and iPad.

• Ben
    Options

The Apple's App Stores do not accept coupons. Thanks!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You can use a gift card there. Maybe that's the source of the "coupon?"

• Hi @DBinPdx,

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help.

Rick

• hkaplan131
    hkaplan131
    Community Member
    Options

I have the similar issue. Installed 1Password on my MacBook Pro. Want to install it on my iMac, but the App Store thinks in is on the machine and no download option.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hkaplan131,

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store on your MacBook Pro, you should also be able to download it on your iMac as long as you're signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID you used when you made the purchase.

When you open the Mac App Store on your iMac and go to the Purchases section, is 1Password listed there as a purchased app? If so, there should be a Download button next to it. Or if you see it listed as a purchased app but don't have a Download button, do you see any button at all? From your description, it sounds like you might see an Open button, which should mean it's already installed. Please check the Applications folder on your Mac to see if you find a 1Password app there. If not, you can try a Spotlight search to see if there is a 1Password app anywhere on your Mac.

Does that help at all? Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

• hkaplan131
    hkaplan131
    Community Member
    Options

I see an Open button, but it does not open an it was not in the Applications folder.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hkaplan131,

If there's an Open button, it means the Mac App Store thinks 1Password is still installed on that Mac, which suggests that the Mac App Store is finding a copy of 1Password somewhere on your Mac. Have you tried a Spotlight search for 1Password to see if it finds any apps?

If the Open button doesn't seem to do anything, and a Spotlight search doesn't find a 1Password app anywhere on your Mac, try restarting that Mac and then check the Mac App Store again. Does it still show Open? If so, does it still do nothing when clicked?

This discussion has been closed.