Entering 1Password5 license key on computer running 1Password4

Options
spmcc123
spmcc123
Community Member

Have purchased license and installed 1Password5 on MacBook Pro Retina running Yosemite. Trying to enter same license on wife's Air running Mountain Lion but cannot find the actual key/license string. The confirmation e-mail contained a separate key for 1Password3, but says "1Password 4 uses the same license file as 1Password 5". Not sure how to get the license file to her Mac... Tried to copy it to USB and transfer, but that does not work

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @spmcc123. Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'll be happy to help out. :)

I see a couple of licenses for you--one purchased the 11th and one purchased on the 12th. Can you confirm whether both of these purchases were intentional?

I've gone ahead and resent your license in a separate email. Go ahead and open the email on your wife's Mac. In the receipt email, you'll see a link next to "License:" which reads, "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License." Go ahead and click that and your license will be automatically applied.

Let me know what you find out about the second license!

• spmcc123
    spmcc123
    Community Member
    Options

Hum. I only meant to purchase one license.... I had no problem applying the license to the 1Password5 app on the Pro (which is where I download my e-mail). I don't know how to apply it to the 1Passwword4 app running on my wife's Air...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spmcc123,

Hum. I only meant to purchase one license....

No problem! One license can be used by up to 6 family members in the same household, and it sounds like you didn't mean to make two purchases, so I've refunded the second one (you should see the credit in your account soon). I resent your license information to your email address so you have a new copy of that.

I don't know how to apply it to the 1Passwword4 app running on my wife's Air...

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem, I believe Peri explained how to do that:

I've gone ahead and resent your license in a separate email. Go ahead and open the email on your wife's Mac. In the receipt email, you'll see a link next to "License:" which reads, "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License." Go ahead and click that and your license will be automatically applied.

The important thing in those steps is to open your license email on your wife's Mac (if you're not sure how to access your email from her Mac, you can simply forward that email to her email address). On her Mac, simply click the link in that email to apply the license to 1Password. If you have any difficulty with that, please let us know exactly what happens when you try to do that, and we'll be happy to help further. Thanks! :)

ref: 846390

• spmcc123
    spmcc123
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi. Logged in on her computer. My mistake, she is running 1Password3.8.22 since she is running OSX 10.7.5. Your e-mail says "__Your 1Password 5 license entitles you to use 1Password 3 and 4 as well. Your 1Password 3 license key is < snip > . __" However, when I paste, I get the dialogue box;

PS, you can of course immediately delete this post, since it has the license information included :)

Edit : I just pulled the license information ~thightower - (moderator) This info was sent to the staff

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @spmcc123,

You had two licenses for a short time there, but we have deactivated the one corresponding to the purchase we refunded, so you might have been trying to register with the key that's been deactivated.

I've sent your license to you again; see if that key works better. The key that you included in your post has (rightly) been removed by our community moderator, so I can't double-check that it's not the same code, but it's worth a try.

If that key still doesn't work, then let's continue the discussion via email in order to keep your license key secure. You can reply directly to the license email, and if you do, please include a link to this forum discussion so you don't have to repeat yourself. Thanks!

• spmcc123
    spmcc123
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much. You guys were super helpful. I think the problem was the period after Inc. in the company name. All now well. Thanks for refunding the second (mistaken) license!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

You're quite welcome, @spmcc123! We're happy we were able to help you get your licenses applied appropriately to the application. We applaud your aptitude and appreciate your aplomb and now I'm just getting carried away with alliteration. 8-)

Anyway... we'll be here for you if you ever need anything else! Have a great weekend!

• spmcc123
    spmcc123
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, and I admire Agilebits astounding attention to assessing appiness with the app....

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

1Password: the appiest app in appdom! ;)

This discussion has been closed.