Any idea when 1Password for Android will Support the newer .opvault format?

Options
vasbinde
vasbinde
Community Member

The subject says it all. I have Windows Phone, Android, iOS, Mac OS X, and Windows devices that I use. As such, having them all support the same format for 1password would be ideal.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Eric

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @vasbinde. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for being an awesome supporter of 1Password on all platforms! :)

Unfortunately, I'm not able to give you any sort of ETA here. We try to refrain from making promises with regards to unreleased changes and improvements, since there are so many factors which might end up throwing a wrench in our plans. I'm sorry that I can't offer more information here!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• vasbinde
    vasbinde
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri. I understand the need to keep prognostication to a minimum so as to prevent not only customer goodwill problems, but it can, for publicly traded companies, cause issues with revenue recognition: I have been a product management exec for years, so this is a familiar statement.

However, it would not be inappropriate to state whether support for .opvault in Android is on the roadmap at all: not the timeframe, but just that it's in plan. Ideally, we should know if it's low, medium, or high priority as compared to other features and product development; based on revenue estimations, ROI, product line strategy, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards,
    Eric

• peri
    edited May 2015
    Options

Sorry for not being more clear in my previous reply. Moving forward, we are seeking more uniformity between platforms.. As we move away from .agilekeychain in favor of .opvault, we do indeed want to bring that change to Android as well. It is on the roadmap in that sense. We're just not able to provide any sort of time frame as to when support for .opvault might happen.

I hope that's a better explanation! :)

• vasbinde
    vasbinde
    Community Member
    Options

That's good to hear. Thank you for the additional information!

• peri
    Options

No problem! Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.