znet
znet
Community Member

1Password for iPad will not download from iTunes

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

What happens if you try downloading it directly from the App Store on your iPad?

Stephen

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

how do i get 1Password on my iPad

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

how do i get 1Password on my iPad

Run the App Store app on your iPad and then search for "1Password" (without the quotation marks). You should then be able to download it. If you can't please tell us what version of iOS you are using on your iPad (go to Settings > About and look under Version on your iPad).

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @znet,

I hope Stephen's answer was helpful for you! If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

i don't get it

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

now i have two problems

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

I'm posting on two whatever - and i still can't logout of 1P on my iPhone

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

the iPad as far as i know has nothing to do with the problem i have - talking about a iPad just makes everything more confusing

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

why do i need to download anything ?

• znet
    znet
    Community Member

thanks for trying - BUT not sure if anyone understands my problem - and can explain how to fix it ONE step at a time - O'well

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @znet,

Can you let us know please where in these steps things start going wrong and you can't follow the rest.

1. On your iPad open the App Store app.
    2. At the bottom of the screen there is a Purchased button - tap it.
    3. Ensure the All tab is active, it is the active one if it is in blue with white text.
    4. To the left there is a small search bar that says Search Purchased Apps. Tap on the search field and start typing 1Password.
    5. If you have downloaded 1Password on this Apple ID from iTunes or any other device of yours then 1Password should be amongst the results. Does it have a little cloud icon to the right of the app name with a down arrow? If it does tap that icon to start downloading 1Password 5 for iOS on your iPad.

If instead it has an OPEN button that would mean 1Password for iOS is already installed on your iPad and tapping the OPEN button will open 1Password for iOS.

If that doesn't work please do describe at what step it stops behaving as expected. The more detail you can supply the better as once we can properly understand/visualise what is happening we should be able to help :smile:

• janicenelson
    janicenelson
    Community Member

I also am unable to download the latest 1password from itunes this morning. This is what I see - download is grayed out:

• Hi @janicenelson

1Password has a 17+ age rating as mandated by Apple, due to the fact we have a web browser within the app. Do you have age restrictions / parental controls turned on?

Thanks.

Ben

• JMcClane72
    JMcClane72
    Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem here.
    I would like my son to use 1password to have a save place to store his passwords.
    As he is 11 years old, I set his iPad to a age restriction of 12+, which prevents the download of your app.
    That's really too bad. And I asume there is no work around for this problem.

regrads John

• @JMcClane72

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any way to install apps rated 17+ with age restrictions turned on. We are currently mandated by Apple to maintain the 17+ rating because of our built-in web browser ("1Browser"). I wish I had a better answer for you at this time. We are looking into how we might be able to improve this situation for the future.

Ben

• Good morning @JMcClane72. I wanted to take a moment to let you know that as of today 1Password is rated 4+, which means you can now install it safely on your son's iPad. I hope this helps!

• JMcClane72
    JMcClane72
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@MrRooni
    Hi. Thank you for taking the time and answering to this thread.
    This are really good new. This really helps a lot.

• Cheers @JMcClane72, my pleasure!

This discussion has been closed.