1PW extension location doesn't "stick" in Safari

cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member

Using iOS 8.4 beta 2 on 64Gb 6+.

Problem: open Safari. Tap Share button. Swipe right to More as 1PW not in main list of extensions. 1PW is enabled (green button) but at bottom of Activities list. Drag 1PW to the top. Click Done. 1PW shows as first item now in Share list. But it doesn't stick in that location. Do anything, move away from the Share screen and it reverts to the old position.

Am I missing something obvious or doing something wrong?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjbulow,

This was a common problem in early iOS 8 but we had hoped that it was resolved in a more recent version of iOS 8 (although I can't recall the number off the top of my head). The ordering here is something that the iOS needs to take care of - we have no power here. I've just tested using iOS 8.3 (and the 1Password for iOS beta), and the extension is keeping its place in the share sheet. Perhaps something has changed in the iOS 8 beta?

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Yes @Megan , I seem to recall it being correctly placed and staying there in the past. I'll see whether this is fixed in the next beta.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for us! I love having the extension front and centre, so I do hope Apple will be able to resolve this before 8.4 gets pushed to release. :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

That's a "thumbs up" (the emoji for which clears the entire sentence after it when posting into forums) from here as well.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :smile:

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Ah, you have to kludge around it. :+1: to @littlebobbytables for that :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Latest iOS beta still exhibits this same issue by the way.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjbulow,

Well, I was hoping for happier news ... but thanks for the update! :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Ah, my apologies that I wasn't able to brighten your day. Maybe the next Apple drop will bring a smile to all our faces...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No worries! The fact that we have such awesome customers who care enough to let us know about these things always brings smiles to our faces! :)

As Megan mentioned, this is something that needs to be fixed in iOS, as we don't have control over the order/placement of extensions in Safari. However, I'm curious if you use any other third party extensions in Safari, and if so, do you have the same problem with those?

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG Yes, sorry, should have thought to have checked that. Now I've done so and yes, it does affect other 3rd party extensions in the same manner.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for checking that, @cjbulow! We appreciate it. Hopefully Apple will fix that (again) before the stable 8.4 release. That issue always really bugged me (pun definitely intended) in early releases of iOS 8.

Thanks again! :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I ought to check I guess that it's been Radar'ed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

That's a "thumbs up" (the emoji for which clears the entire sentence after it when posting into forums) from here as well.

It's not happening for me …
    :+1: am I holding it wrong? :)

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

:)

Sorry, that was less than 100% clear. If I try to copy & paste the "thumbs up" emoji via the Edit/Emoji & Symbols menu, then that happens. Use the one accessible via forums and all is well.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Got it – prepended standard Thumbs Up Sign emoji, for instance, can be a text-swallowing troublemaker! :naughty:

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I'm guessing that's what you did there... :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Correct, and Preview doesn't accurately represent the impending Post Comment failure.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I use Chrome -- but I'm guessing that this is OS rather than browser specific as it affects forums and not to anything else that I use.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Looks like Vanilla forum software isn't fully emoji-friendly yet.

This discussion has been closed.