export from 1password android to a .1pif

Options
gearbox57
gearbox57
Community Member

I have 1 android phone with 1password 4.2.1. I need to export the 1password database from that phone to lastpass for my wife to use on her various devices. There will be no sync of my own data after that initial data export. I have found the folder on my android where the 1password database is being sync to. The folder contains hundreds of very small 1password files, a few JS files and a key and hint file, but no 1pif file that lastpass wants to use to import. I understand that the android phone cannot create this file type and it must be done on a desktop. So I downloaded the trial version of 1password to a windows machine and connecting the android phone to that box, located the folder with the hundreds of 1 password files in it and copied this a temp folder on the local windows box. I then ran 1 password on that machine and tried to file --> import those records. But that does not work; the 1password files are not recognised individually. I note that there is an html file in the same folder as the 1password data folder but this file will not copy off the phone.

Please assist to describe in specific detail how the hell this all works. How could something so simple be so difficult. I just want my data off my phone.

Comments

• saad
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hey @gearbox. I would be happy to help you export your data to a 1PIF format. The 1Password.agilekeychain folder that you copied from your Android device is encrypted and it can't be imported to your desktop vault without decrypting the data first. To do this, you need treat the 1Password data folder as a separate vault and open it using 1Password.

If you are using a Mac, just double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and it will open the vault in 1Password. If you are on a Windows PC, launch 1Password and choose File > Open 1Password Vault to select the data folder. Enter your master password to decrypt your data.

Once you are able to view all of your data in 1Password, click on **File > Export **and export your items to a 1PIF file. Please remember the exported file is completely decrypted and your information is stored in plain text. It's very important to securely delete the 1PIF files after you have finished using them.

This discussion has been closed.