Android Autofill and Manual fill don't work on Nexus 5.

Options
stacecom
stacecom
Community Member

On my Nexus 7 (5.1.1), this workflow works as expected. I short-press the 1Password button on the 1Password keyboard, and it autofills. If I long-press, I can manual fill.

On my Nexus 5 (5.1.0), this workflow doesn't work. Either a short or long press of the 1password button results in the keyboard disappearing and me being unable to do anything until I select a new keyboard.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @stacecom. I'm sorry to hear autofill is not working on your Nexus 5 running Android 5.1. Let's figure out what's going on.

Does the keyboard get dismissed in other application as well? Or does this happen only in a particular application and/or website?

Are you using a custom ROM by any chance? If you are, which one are you using?

• stacecom
    stacecom
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried it in Starbucks app, Chrome, and EZ Receipts.

And I'm slapping my head, because yeah, I'm running a custom ROM. It's so close to stock I often forget about it. I'm running Cataclysm. So this is likely being brought on by that, since my stock N7 works just fine. Sorry to bother. :)

• saad
    Options

Not a problem at all. :) I asked because I didn't see this issue on my Nexus 5 with stock Android 5.1 (LMY47D).

I'll make a note of the dismissing keyboard issue on Cataclysm ROM and pass it on to our development team. You may want to verify if a newer build of the ROM is available and update to it. Maybe this is already resolved! If not, getting in touch with the Cataclysm team will help!

Thanks for the information.

This discussion has been closed.