I cannot transfer my passwords to my new Mac Air, I'm running version 3.8.22 guid 32010

I cannot transfer my passwords to my new Mac Air, I'm running version 3.8.22 guid 32010

Comments

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiseowl,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble getting your 1Password data to your new Mac! Since you're using version 3, I've moved your thread to our 1Password 3 for Mac forum.

The easiest way to get your 1Password 3 data from one Mac to another is usually by syncing with Dropbox (especially if you'd like to keep your 1Password data synced between your old and new Macs). If you don't want to use Dropbox sync, it's also very easy to copy your data file or a backup file from the old Mac to the new Mac. Have you tried anything like that yet?

If you're having trouble getting your data from one Mac to the other, it will help if you can let us know the following:

• What exact version of Mac OS X are you running on each Mac?
    • Are you using 1Password 3 on both Macs? If not, which version are you using on the new Mac?
    • What steps have you already tried, and what happened when you tried them?
    • Are you getting any error messages in the process? If so, what do they say?

Please walk us through how you're trying to transfer your passwords to the new Mac, and what happens when you try that. The more information you can give us, the better and more quickly we'll be able to assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiseowl,

I received your private message, thank you for the additional information. Since it didn't seem to contain any confidential information, I thought it best to continue the conversation in your existing forum discussion, so our other team members can jump in to help out if necessary (and to avoid confusion between here and there). I hope you don't mind! :)

My old Mac is running OS 10.9.5 with 1 Passwrd 3.8.22 Build 32010. My new Mac is running Yosemite OS 10.10.3 It wouldn't load dropbox and my passwords didn't come over to the new Mac Book Air

Can you please let us know what exact version of 1Password is installed on your Mac with OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)? From the main 1Password app, go to the menu for 1Password > About 1Password. Please let us know what it says there.

Also, it will really be helpful for us if you can elaborate on what you mean by "It wouldn't load dropbox". Did you install the Dropbox app on your new Mac, and sign in with the same Dropbox account as on your old Mac? Did all your Dropbox files download fully to the new Mac? If you tried to sync 1Password with data from your Dropbox folder before it had finished downloading, that would cause a problem. If all your Dropbox files had been fully downloaded before trying to set up 1Password, what were the steps you followed in order to sync your data?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm sure we can help you to get this all working correctly, but we'll need to know more specific details about what you tried and what happened when you tried that. The more details, the better. Thanks for your patience! :)

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

Hi: My new Mac is running 10.10.5 and the verson of 1 Password is 3.8.22 build 32010.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wiseowl: You'll need to get your 1Password.agilekeychain over to the new computer one way or another, as that it your 1Password vault. You can do this either by copying it manually (which is fine if you won't be using the old computer any more), or by syncing it using Dropbox.

If you're going to use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, you'll need to have the Dropbox app installed and running on each Mac, as it manages the actual syncing of your data. Just follow this guide to set up Dropbox and make sure that 1Password is using the correct vault on both computers. If they're not both using the same vault in Preferences > General, they'll get out of sync.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.