Auto add username to new login item name?

ganz
ganz
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

As i remember, at good old times before safari had extensions mechanism, 1password had plugin for safari that saved new login items with default names like "domain (username)". is it possible with modern safari extension to do the same? with applescript? anything else?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ganz,

So you're looking for either a permanent or user configurable change in the 1Password Save Login window, changing the title from domain name to domain name (username)?

If I've understood correctly that's an easy enough request to place on your behalf. Unfortunately the current extension doesn't have such an option so it would have to be a feature request placed to do so.

• ganz
    ganz
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, hi!

So you're looking for either a permanent or user configurable change in the 1Password Save Login window, changing the title from domain name to domain name (username)?

yes, you've understood me right.

i want it permanent, coz even if i have only one login on some site, its useful to see what login i used on this particular site, and i always can edit 1password login item name if i need to.

so it would have to be a feature request placed to do so.

i am ready to do it) where should i place this feature request?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ganz,

Sorry, when I say permanent or user configurable I was just trying to get a feel if you felt this is something that should be changeable by the user in preferences or at the level of code so it affected everybody. I can imagine it wouldn't be anywhere near as useful if it was a toggle required per saved Login.

Now another option would be to simply display a bit more information in 1Password mini. By this I mean, if you sort your Item List in the main 1Password window by title, the secondary data displayed underneath the title is the username. If we did something similar in 1Password mini (an existing request) would that be an acceptable alternative or would you just like to see the default title return to what you remember it used to be?

Our bug tracker isn't open to the public so all requests need to be placed by us. That's part of the role though, to communicate our users requests to the rest of the team :smile:

• ganz
    ganz
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

the secondary data displayed underneath the title is the username

If we did something similar in 1Password mini (an existing request) would that be an acceptable alternative

Actually it may be even better, if i change username i dont't need to change item title. So ok, lets try this way.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ganz,

I've added a vote for you to the request to display usernames in 1Password mini that is in our internal issue tracker.

If you have any further questions, we're happy to help. :)

ref: OPM-1700

• ganz
    ganz
    Community Member

Great, support! Thank you! :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Megan and lil bobby, you are most welcome! Be sure to reach out if you need anything else. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.