How can I buy a license for 1Password 3.8.22? I downloaded it from your website?

Options

How can I buy a license for 1Password 3.8.22? I downloaded it from your website, since my system is: Mac OS X, 10.7.5? The trial version is still fully functioning…This is my question. Thank you in advance for your answer!

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X, Version 10.7.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Me15,

Well the bad news is we don't specifically sell a 1Password 3 any more. The good news though is if you purchase a 1Password 5 licence you are free to run whatever version you choose. Our licence email will contain both a licence key for those restricted to 1Password 3 but it will also have a link to download your licence file for both 1Password 4 and 5. Should you decide to upgrade your Mac at any point and find yourself running a slightly more current version of OS X then you're no longer limited to 1Password 3. Your licence still applies to 1Password 5 and running 1Password 3 now doesn't negate that fact.

So basically a 1Password 5 licence will let you run 1Password 3 now and 1Password 5 later should you be in a position to do so.

Hopefully that answers your question but if you have any follow up questions do please ask away :smile:

• Me15
    Me15
    Community Member
    Options

To become a licence email from you, I have to buy 1P5 from you and not from Mac App Store (which just to buy it should function), is it right?

• Me15
    Me15
    Community Member
    Options

This is important for iCloud syncing (since it is only with the Mac App Store Version possible), should I decide in the future to upgrade to yosemite...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Me15,

If you would prefer to purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store to take advantage of iCloud sync in the future, you're welcome to do so! Simply email in your purchase receipt from the Mac App Store, and we'll create a special 1Password 3 license for you. :)

• tonylop33
    tonylop33
    Community Member
    Options

This answers most of my questions too as I need a 3.8.22 license. Thanks.

Two more questions: Can you still sync with drop box even if you purchase from the mac app store? Where do I email the mac store receipt if I go that route?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonylop33 ,

I'm glad to hear that most of your questions have already been answered, I'll do what I can to take care of the rest. :)

Can you still sync with drop box even if you purchase from the mac app store?

You sure can! Dropbox is our most flexible sync solution, it works pretty much everywhere: Mac, iOS, Windows and Android.

Where do I email the mac store receipt if I go that route?

Please send your Mac App Store receipt in to support+licenses@agilebits.com and our team will be happy to get you set up with a 1Password 3 license.

• tonylop33
    tonylop33
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tonylop33 ,

We're always happy to help :)

• Congerru
    Congerru
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I purchased 1Password from Mac App Store one year ago, but now I use Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion). I downloaded 1Password 3.8.22 and I need license for it. How can I get it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Congerru: Great question! Just shoot us an email (with your Mac App Store receipt attached) at support+forums at agilebits dot com and we'll get you taken care of. Just be sure to include a link to this discussion along with your username. Cheers! :)

• Congerru
    Congerru
    Community Member
    Options

Great thanks for help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Congerru ,

I'm glad to hear that Brenty was able to help you get sorted out! If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.