Fingerprint Scanner in Samsung S5

GopalSri
GopalSri
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Android

The new fingerprint Scanner from Samsung works well. Would be great to unlock 1password using the scanner instead of typing the password.

PayPal's Android app supports the scanner, I understand. Please see if this feature support can be in your road map, there should be fingerprint Scanners in several phones in 2015. I remember 1Password for Mac used or contemplated fingerprint Scanner based unlock a long time ago ....now many be the time. ..hopefully Apple will open support to selected 3rd parties too.

Comments

• Fingerprint scanning definitely represents an interesting opportunity to make unlocking your data more convenient. Of course, convenience and security are often at odds with each other, so we would need to be very careful to assess any security implications that come along with it. Thank you for the suggestion!

• Thanks Sameer for your feedback. I'm not able to say when fingerprint support will become available, but it is something our team will be looking into for devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

• CootjeNL
    CootjeNL
    Community Member

I'm using a Samung Galaxy Note Edge (basically a Note 4). I would also vote for using the fingerprint scanner. My master password is complicated when using a smartphone keyboard. Using the fingerprint scanner would be great.

• Thanks for the feedback, @CootjeNL! I'm adding your vote. :)

• Ricscotti
    Ricscotti
    Community Member

Please implement this feature for Galaxy S5 owners.

• Thanks for the +1 @Ricscotti!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Let me add my vote for fingerprint scanning support! I have the Samsung S6 Edge, and would love to see this feature added.

• Thanks for the vote @glindsey! :)

• ivikd
    ivikd
    Community Member

Long time user on OS X, iPad and Android, 1Password is a must-have for me, wonderful app :)

+1 for fingerprint support on S6 :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ivikd: Likewise! I hope we'll be able to implement this, too. Very exciting! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.