Amazon secure login issue after initial login

johnscosgrove
johnscosgrove
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Nothing in forum. I log correctly into Amazon and it shows my account information. However, if you wish to change the existing password or even enter the existing one to have a secure checkout, it requires re-entry of the password. However, after multiple attempts including entering their "image characters", I keep getting this error message "There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail/Password combination. Please try again."

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version:
OS Version: 10.10.3.
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnscosgrove: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry for the trouble! I hope you don't mind, but I'm moving this to the browser filling section of the forums, since that seems to be where you're having the issue.

If you copy and paste your username and password when logging in the second(?) time, are you successful? I wonder if it's something with that particular login form. If you can give us the URL where you're running into this problem it may help us track it down. Thanks in advance! :)

• johnscosgrove
    johnscosgrove
    Community Member

I was able to fix the problem by using "Forgot Your Password" and then adding a 1Password generated password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnscosgrove: Ah, excellent! It sounds like you'd updated the login on the website itself, but 1Password didn't know about the change yet. I'm glad that worked for you!

Much like giving our loved ones new keys when we change the locks on the house, it's equally important to update your login in 1Password when changing it on a website. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.