Hitman Pro shows 1Password as Malware [False Positive triggered by the Kaspersky engine in Hitman]

therobisonfamily
therobisonfamily
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

FYI, I was on the phone with MSFT tech support today and they ran Hitman Pro on my PC. That scanner showed 1Password EXEs as malware and defaulted to quarantine for them. I thought that you might want to look into this.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @therobisonfamily,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We will certainly look into this ourselves, but have you also reported this false positive to the developer of that program? It can often be helpful if they hear from actual users in addition to affected developers like us.

Here is their email address support@hitmanpro.com

Cheers!

• Update:

We just heard back from someone at SurfRight (HitmanPro) telling us that they're looking into it. The false positive stems from the Kaspersky detection engine that HitmanPro uses and they're investigating it.

We've also reported the false positive to Kaspersky directly, to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Cheers!

• therobisonfamily
    therobisonfamily
    Community Member

Glad to hear that they'e researching. I'll ping them via email as well to let them know.

• Thanks, we really appreciate it!

• Berlin_Dave
    Berlin_Dave
    Community Member

As of today, 27 May, 2015 Hitman is still showing 1Password as Malware!

• Hi @Berlin_Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, we can't do anything else to speed this up except reporting the false positive each time to both companies.

If you want, you can contact them here to report the false positive: http://www.surfright.nl/en/support/

• @Berlin_Dave

We've heard back from SurfRight. They're asking that our shared users (meaning you and anybody else who's experiencing this issue) to contact them via their site and send in the scan logs (there's an option to save them during every scanning process at the bottom of the window) so they can take a closer look at the false positive and compensate for it.

We've done so, too, and will update this thread if there's any news.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.