My iPhone 5c is unable to find my Windows 7 1P via Wi-Fi sync (Firewall was blocking the sync)

Options
TAllgood
TAllgood
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My husband purchased the Mac + Win bundle. He installed 1P on both. I installed the Win version and used his license, per the family licensing. I installed iOS 1P on my iPad. When I try to sync to the iPad over Wi-Fi, 1P iOS cannot locate my Windows 1P; it only locates by husband's Mac. I am following the instructions for Sync over Wi-Fi. Both the iPad and the Win PC are on the same network; there's only one Wi-Fi network. I checked the IP details, and the subnet on both the Win PC and the iPad match. My company requires that I sync over Wi-Fi. Ideas?

1Password Version: 1P for Win 4.54, 1P for iOS 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 7, iOS 8.3
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@TAllgood - Have you selected WiFi sync in 1Password on your Windows PC and left the WiFi sync window open? This user guide explains the steps. When WiFi syncing with a Windows PC, it's important to keep open the WiFi sync window.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TAllgood You might need to open port 5353 in your Windows Firewall. Instructions are here.

• TAllgood
    TAllgood
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, @LauraR, I read the user guide and left the WiFI sync window open. The guide is very good.
    Thanks @svondutch, it was a firewall problem. I use Symantec and couldn't find the exact right settings for the Symantec Firewall rule. I turned off the firewall momentarily and it synched with no problem. Thanks for the guidance.

• LauraR
    Options

@TAllgood - I'm so glad @svondutch was able to point you to the firewall problem and I am glad everything is now syncing. Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.