Long press letters to get numbers on the android keyboard

Options
Fredrik_Lindseth
Fredrik_Lindseth
Community Member

Hi,
I would like to have the opportunity to long press til qwertyuiop-letters on the top row to get the numbers 1234567890.
My phone is locked with a password that has numbers, and when the 1pass keyboard is active it is a bit of a hassle to switch between numbers and letters.
I this is added the keyboard is perfect for me. Just so it is said localization is not really necessary for me on the 1pass-keyboard even though I am not native english speaker/writer. There are other keyboards for that.

And on the topic of the keyboard: You should make it more clear how to switch away from the 1pass keyboard. I got stuck in it the first times and had to go to the settings and "input" to switch back. In the end I had google how to switch back easier.

--
Fredrik

1Password Version: 4.2.1.b4(20150507)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Fredrik_Lindseth. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for the feedback regarding our keyboard!

You've addressed here some of the main requests we received so far. Many of our users have requested the ability to long press top row letters to quick switch to numbers. Keyboard localization is also important to our users. I'll add your vote for both of these issues. :)

That said, there are a few ways to switch keyboards on an Android device. The first is the one you described. You could also tap or swipe the keyboard softkey, which should be visible when a text field is in focus. This is a little keyboard icon that appears in the navigation bar when you're focused on a text field. Swiping that will bring up a list of keyboard options. We've also added a shortcut to our keyboard. You can bring up your keyboard options by simply long pressing on the space bar.

I will forward your suggestion to make that clearer in the documentation to the team. Thanks!

Please let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.