Connecting logins in browser and in-app

Options
Fredrik_Lindseth
Fredrik_Lindseth
Community Member

Hi,
It would be nice if I somehow could connect logins on my phone, so that when I fill from the keyboard on my phone in i.e. the Firefox-app (org.mozilla.firefox) it can recognize that this is the same password/login/account as my "Firefox" login in my 1Pass software on my computer
Is there such a functionality already?

Any plans to add it?

Fredrik

1Password Version: 4.2.1.b4(20150507)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Fredrik_Lindseth,

I'm happy to let you know that this is already possible! You can sync your 1Password vault across all platforms with Dropbox. Start by downloading the Dropbox app on both/all devices. Then set up 1Password's Dropbox Sync on your computer (Mac or Windows). Then configure it on your Android in Sync Settings.

And once you have your vault synced, you can use the 1Password keyboard to fill all those logins in apps and browsers. Pretty cool, if I say so myself. :)

• Fredrik_Lindseth
    Fredrik_Lindseth
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, you misunderstand me.
    What I meant was when im trying to log in to an app, and not a website, 1pass doesnt recognize the "adress" of the site (which is not a site, but an app on my phone.).
    If I want to log into the Firefox-app on my android. I open the app, enable the 1pass keyboard, click the fill from 1pass-button and 1pass pops up with this: 1pass screenshot on my phone, and it would be nice if it was possible to tell 1pass that "this you cannot find is really this login here in the keychain" and the next time it would go more smoothly :-)

• peri
    Options

Hey @Fredrik_Lindseth. Thanks for clarifying!

1Password can indeed fill in apps. However, automatic filling isn't possible in Firefox due to the way Firefox obfuscates URLs. You can read a little more about browsers that require manual filling here:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/36307/new-1password-keyboard-and-filling#latest

That said, however, filling should work with most apps. For instance, if you have an Instagram account, your Instagram login should be detected and filled automatically when using the keyboard.

If you're having trouble with filling in any apps in particular, please let us know so that we can test them out.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.