how to sync the data from iphone6 to andriod 4.4.4

Options
JeffWong
JeffWong
Community Member

my iphone6 was broken and i need to sync my data to my 2nd phone(andriod 4.4.4).
Once I sync the data with icloud and dropbox, also I can choose the wifi sync with my friend's iphone.
the 1PW version on my andriod phone is 4.2.1, not a purched one.

But when I sync the data to import into the andriod with dropbox, I found 2/3 data missed. Why this happen? because it's a free version on andriod?
Or I made some mistake while sync?

For anther way, can I take the wifi way to transfer the database from iphone to andriod phone?

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @JeffWong. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help out with your syncing issues. :)

WiFi sync is not yet supported on Android. However, we have heard from customers who were able to sync to local storage, and then use WiFi apps to sync with iOS. That might be something to consider, but unfortunately, I can't make any recommendations there since we don't officially support any third-party WiFi apps.

However, you should be able to sync just fine with Dropbox, even using the free version. Let's figure out where the problem is. I'd like you to make sure your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password, do you see all of your data in Dropbox, or are you missing 2/3 of the data there as well?

I'll look forward to your reply.

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

Tks for your quick help.
    I checked that 2/3 data also missed in the dropbox. I have 58 login data in iphone and icloud, but only 17 login data remain in dropbox.

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

seams that something wrong when import data to dropbox from iphone6. Even if I take some actions below:
    1. set up 1PW in my friend's iphone5s
    2. sync with my icloud account
    3. download 58pcs login data into iphone5s
    4. sync with dropbox
    5. change to android phone and sync again with dropbox
    6. only 17pcs login data downloaded.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update, @JeffWong! Let's figure out where the problem is occurring.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android and iOS devices:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---iOS---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire files to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri, I've sent you 2 emails of the diagnotics reports. But I'm sorry to forget to add the forum link with the IOS one. Please search the email topic that I mark a tail as "xxx xx from JeffWong".

something strange that today I found the andriod 1PW increased some data, so till now I can get 32 login data now , not only 17pcs. But still less than 58. Meanwhile, I check the dropbox list, it still list 17 login data. I'm confused.

BTW, can you tell a short term solusion to restore the database from local folder with andriod 1PW? you know when andriod 1pw first start we can restore from local folder, and I've got a database from ios 1PW 5 by itunes. But my trouble is that andriod 1pw can't read the database backed up from ios. How can it work?
    my step: I backup the IOS 1PW 5 database and import out with itunes, I get a file [1Password 2015-05-08 09_24_54(1 profiles,80 items, 0 folders, 0 attachments).1p4_zip], or I unzip to a xxx.sqlite file. Copy the 2 files to my andriod phone, reset up the 1pw and then choose to restore from local folder, but it tell can't find the data. Both xx.1p4_zip and xxx.sqlite can't be read.

• peri
    Options

Hey @JeffWong. Thanks! I received the report from your Android, and have responded via email.

With regards to restoring your backup, you'll need to use a Mac or PC as the intermediary. 1Password 4 for Android can't interpret th .zip or .sqlite files. Instead, it will need to be the .agilekeychain.

To get the .agilekeychain, you can restore your vault on a Mac or PC. This will create a 1Password.agilekeychain folder on that device. You can then connect the Android to the computer via USB to transfer the .agilekeychain onto the Android. This is the only format 1Password 4 for Android will recognize as a vault at the moment.

That said, please have a look at the email I sent. Also, in the interest of keeping things simple, let's continue the conversation via email. I'll look forward to your reply. :)

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

I don't find your email. How to create a 1password.agilekeychain with a PC?

• peri
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hmmm...that is quite strange. Could you check in your junk/spam folder? It may have been filtered out.

If you still don't find it, please send both diagnostics reports again to support+android@agilebits.com, and I'll go ahead and dig them up. :)

Once I get a look at the reports, I'll be able to provide clear instructions for migrating your vault to both Android and PC. Thanks!

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peri, thanks for your patient support.
    I double checked the junk/span, nope either.
    And I resent the 2 kinds of diagnostics reports to you.
    figure out it. 8-)
    Thanks again.

• saad
    Options

Thanks @JeffWong. I just responded to your email now.

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks saad.
    it's done.
    I delete the dropbox apps folder then re-sync, and it's ok now.
    But it's strange that I don't store anything except 1pw, so the space should be enough.

a suggestion: Can it support more cloud drives?such as,onedrive, Evernote. ...
    Exactly, dropbox is blocked by Chinese great firewall.

• saad
    Options

You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear sync is now working properly. We are looking into the addition of other cloud services including Google Drive and I will pass on your suggestion for OneDrive support. Thanks. :)

• JeffWong
    JeffWong
    Community Member
    Options

You're a aggressive team, keeping forging ahead.

BTW, I confirmed the onedrive yesterday, found it only support window phone access in china. So I think it's not a good choice.
    But box.com is easy to access, I consider if you could prefer box to be the plan B for dropbox. :)

• saad
    Options

Thanks @JeffWong! I'll pass on that suggestion. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • peri
    Options

Thanks for the recommendation! :)

This discussion has been closed.