Local file sync will not complete

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
  • peri
    edited May 2015

Hey @alexanderd. Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I've moved the conversation to our general Android forum, as per your request. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble configuring sync with local storage. I'd like you to please sign in as if you were a new user (rather than syncing with the existing vault) and choose the same master password and hint for your new vault. Once you're in 1Password, tap Settings > Sync and toggle sync on. Then please select your vault from local storage.

Let me know if that does the trick! Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
  • Hey @alexanderd. Thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sync, although I'm puzzled. The folder that your vault is in shouldn't matter as long as the vault itself is called .agilekeychain. That's the only requirement for the path to the vault.

So it's curious that you wouldn't be able to sync with the .agilekeychain the a folder named 1PasswordSync, but that you would be able to sync with the .agilekeychain in DCMI.

That said, unfortunately, it's not currently possible to reconfigure sync on Android once a sync path has been set, unless you reset the app completely. Do you have your 1Password vault saved anywhere besides your Android?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
  • peri
    edited May 2015

Hey again. Thanks for letting me know!

To select the new location in 1Password, here's what you will need to do. This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

• Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

You can now launch 1Password on your Android device and set up the new location. Let me know how this goes!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
  • That's good news! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everything syncing properly. :)

Please let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.