Create new Category?

ckp
ckp
Community Member

It must be right under but my nose, but for the life of me I can't find a way to create a new Category so I can put my work related logins in a "Work" category??? I don't want to use a different Vault for it. Mac 1P 5.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @ckp,

1Password does not have the ability to create new Categories. However, you can either use Folders or Tags to accomplish what you're after. See this section in the manual for help.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

That works fine for my needs. Thank you!

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

When I create new web logins, will I have to perform a second step every time to get them into one of my two folders or tags?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2015

If you allow 1Password to create the entry for you, then yes. If you are creating the entry, you could create a template entry where the Folder or Tag is already set, Duplicate the item whenever you need a new entry, and then update the login, password, and URL fields.

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member

Nevermind, I see that 1password allows me to set folder and tag in the save login popup. thats what i was hoping for.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckp,

I'm glad MrC was able to help you out with that! If you need anything else, just let us know, we're always happy to help. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ckp,

I'll be sure to let our Windows gurus know that you're still looking for answers in that thread. :)

This discussion has been closed.