Invitation message not received [different address? spam folder?]

cjbulow
cjbulow
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Unless I'm missing something obvious, my invite hasn't been sent -- signed-up at this link about a week ago https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/38742/join-the-1password-for-windows-modern-alpha-team#latest

Comments

• @cjbulow, it may be possible that reply is lost in spam folder, but I'll ask engineering to check that it works fine on our end. With last release we removed need to signup before you can try 1Password for Windows Modern Alpha, just download it from Windows Store or Windows Phone Store and give it a try!

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Ah, that makes sense; off to the Windows Store now! Thanks @SergeyTheAgile

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@cjbulow, I checked the newsletter list for your e-mail address (the one associated with your forum account, here), and it's not listed, which means it doesn't think you've signed up.

First, did you sign up here? https://agilebits.com/newsletter/windowsmodern

Second, did you use this e-mail address or a different one? c••••.b••••@gmail.com

It's important to us that we be able to stay in touch, with news of updates and features and so on.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Hi @DBrown -- Yes, that was the sign-up link. No, I used the email address that I used to sign up for the iOS/OSX betas. Starts the same as the one you're quoting, but ends in @me.com :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Thanks, @cjbulow. That address isn't in the list, either, so I hope you won't mind my asking you to sign up again, using that same e-mail address, at https://agilebits.com/newsletter/windowsmodern and let us know if you still don't receive (a) a confirmation message with a link you need to click and (b) a follow-up message, after you confirm, welcoming you to the alpha team.

Speaking of that, did you ever receive the confirmation message, when you first signed up, and click on the link in that message?

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

OK, have done that again and saw (again):

We've confirmed you to our Announcements list.
    For even more AgileBits updates follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.

Checked spam folders and no sign of any of the confirmation message(s) I was expecting

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

And neither of these have appeared as yet -- this was using the .me.com account:

let us know if you still don't receive (a) a confirmation message with a link you need to click and (b) a follow-up message, after you confirm, welcoming you to the alpha team.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

On a whim I used a third email address and that worked in seconds:

Thank You
    Your subscription has been confirmed. You've been added to our list and will hear from us soon.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

The follow-up email welcome message has also just arrived; now all I'm awaiting is the Keyword to enable me to run the Alpha build...

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

I mention that the keyword hasn't been received as, as far as I can see, reading through the other threads here, that's still the way to proceed, although the instructions just received indicate that using my email address is the correct route?

Certainly, that latter approach doesn't work here...

For completeness, I should mention that this is the Alpha downloaded from the Windows Store, using the link in the Welcome email running on Windows 10 Build 10122 under VMWare Fusion Professional Version 7.1.1 (2498930).

3. Enter your e-mail address, so we can keep in touch with you, and tap the Continue button.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If the app prompts you (the first time you run it) for a keyword, you have an older build. You can run that, but you'll need to know the keyword. :)

If the app prompts you (the first time you run it) for your e-mail address, you have the current build. Enter your e-mail address, and proceed with the intro and setup.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

OK, my bad. Sorry all. I missed this small but critical point below. Ignore this rambling thread for the moment!

System requirements

The app currently works in “app mode” on a Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1 device. We expect to add support for Windows 10 in later builds.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

@DBrown -- I used the link in the welcome email and downloaded the app from the resultant Windows Store link (the link is this one http://email.agilebits.com/t/r-l-ctlhli-dldtmuluh-b/) but I guess this is a result of me trying to run this under Windows 10.

If the app prompts you (the first time you run it) for a keyword, you have an older build.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@cjbulow, some customers are running the app in Windows 10, so you may find that it works fine for you, too.

As for the keyword prompt when you first run the app, you must have an older version. That link in our e-mail message leads to http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/1password-alpha/1b86ddd2-bc19-4eff-bf9a-3abeb3d4639d, and the version available there is Alpha Release 5 (1.15.5.182), which prompts you for your e-mail address, instead. Please make sure you're using Release 5.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I deleted the version that I'd installed just to be sure. Re-booted. Then used that link above, but I'm afraid that it resolutely & consistently sent me to the Windows Store but displayed only Alpha 4, 1.15.5.12 as the version number available...

Then I realised that Spartan was using the beta version of the Windows Store app as the default to open that link; so forced Windows to use the non-beta version of the Store app. That gave me the correct version as the download option. And that of course worked :)

Thanks -- off to explore now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

That’s great news and valuable information, @cjbulow—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.