Master Password oddity

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator
edited May 2015 in Mac

Using 1PW 5.3.1. OS 10.10.3

1PW was locked (as expected). I entered what I thought was the master password into 1PW Mini (from the main menu bar) and it failed. I tried it three times, and it failed every time. I was beginning to get worried.

So I opened the main 1PW application, tried entering my master password. It worked fine.

Any idea what was going on? Of course it is possible that three times I got the case of a character wrong, or a particular symbol. But three failures and then success suggests to me that something else was going wrong, perhaps an issue between 1PW Mini and the main app.

Not really a problem, since it solved itself. Just something to worry about. Maybe my bluetooth keyboard was misbehaving and then recovered.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

All fine after a restart, which I needed for other reasons. Still a weird happening though.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danco,

That is odd ... Since the mini is the brains behind both the extension and the main app, it seems strange that one would be complaining about the password and not both... Please keep an eye on this - if it happens again, perhaps try typing your Master Password into a plain text field to be certain that it's correct, then paste it in the mini, and then the main app.

(I'm hoping it doesn't re-occur, of course, but if it does, this will help us determine if there is a difference in behavior.)

This discussion has been closed.