Can't install Chrome browser extension from AgileBits site

stuzog
stuzog
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Using a fresh download of Chrome Version 43.0.2357.65 (64-bit) on 2.4GHz late-2007 24-inch iMac, clicking the big green button on the AgileBits web site does nothing. Installed successfully on Safari, Firefox (latests).

1Password Version: 5.5 BETA-14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stuzog: Hmm... Well, if you were able to successfully install in in Safari and Firefox, we know it isn't a problem with the site.

Do you have security software or other extensions in Chrome which might be interfering? Try disabling them temporarily to see if that allows you to install the 1Password extension.

It sounds like Chrome isn't even downloading it, though. Is that the case? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

@brenty The only extensions I have are Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides (they come with Chrome) and Adblock, but this was happening on this fresh Chrome install even before Adblock was installed. 1Password extension still won't install.

• stuzog
    stuzog
    Community Member

SOLVED: @brenty I had to log into my Google account before some external (not in Google Store) extensions suddenly showed up as installed. Once I did this, 1Password was installed. Strangely, another external extension (BookMacster Sync) managed to install itself successfully before I signed in. Something special about 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stuzog: Fascinating. There shouldn't be anything special about it it in regard to the installation, only the operation (the main 1Password app is required for it to be useful). In fact, I don't even log into my Google Account in Chrome!

Incidentally, I had some trouble downloading the extension earlier too, but that seems to have resolved itself. The only explanation I can think of is that it was an issue with the Chrome Store, since our extension is being served from there, whether you go to our extension download page or the Chrome Store itself. They may have had some kind of hiccup.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. Thanks for following up! :)

This discussion has been closed.