Auto open

Options
nplanchon
nplanchon
Community Member

Greetings all - Every time I boot up, the main 1P vault window opens up prompting me to unlock it. I do not need this to happen. How can I stop this from happening?

Cheers
Neil

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have 1Password set to launch on startup in the operating system? Check in system preferences under Users & Groups, pick your account, and click on Login Items to see.

• nplanchon
    nplanchon
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I do

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Well, then it isn't surprising that it's asking for your master password every time you start up your computer. Remove it from that list, and you'll only be asked to enter your master password when you want to actually use 1Password.

Hope that's helpful. I don't have 1Password in my list to launch on startup, but I have the preferences in 1Password set to always keep 1Password mini running. That works the way I think you are wanting. Opting for that is the first checkbox in the General section of 1Password preferences

Here:

• nplanchon
    nplanchon
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your time and attention. I'll change those settings

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

You're welcome; very glad to help. Let us know if you get things working the way you'd prefer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nplanchon ,

I'm so glad to see that Hawkmoth was able to get you sorted out here!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.