My OS version is X 10.7.5. When I tried to download 1Password it said it wouldn't work.

Options
gay_morgan
gay_morgan
Community Member

I have checked for updates to my OS Yosemite 10.7.5 version but it says it is up to date. Do I have to download 1Password 4. I purchased 1Password 5 thinking I had OS 10.10.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yosemite is required for version 5, but its number is 10.10.x, not 10.7.5 (Lion) You apparently have an earlier version of OS X. Version 3.8.22 is the version you'll need for that version of OS X. You can find it by scrolling to the bottom of the Downloads Page. Or, you could update your OS to Yosemite and then be able to use version 5 and it's latest features.

I'm not sure what to say about your purchase of version 5. You will get a license key that you can use to register version 3, as well as access tot he license file needed to register versions 4 and 5. If you already had a license to version 3, you could request a refund for your upgrade to version 3, provided you got your license from AgileBits, not from the Mac App Store. If you did purchase from the Mac App Store, you'll need to request a refund from Apple.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gay_morgan,

I hope the information from hawkmoth was helpful! As he said, your purchase of a license for 1Password 5 for Mac also includes a license code you can use for 1Password 3. If you're able to upgrade your Mac to a newer version of Mac OS X, you can also use a newer version of 1Password (version 4 requires OS 10.8 or 10.9, and version 5 requires OS 10.10).

If you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.