Global shortcut interfering with another thing

Options
davidhq
davidhq
Community Member

I need to use ⌘ Command+⌥ Option+\ in Finder to access Alfred menu but somehow 1Password wants to open and it's at best annoying like this: http://cl.ly/image/0t1G1s2k3m43 or it even causes Alfred menu to not show up sometimes.

I wonder why is 1Password even hooked to that combination and esp. why outside of the browser... and why ⌘ Command+⌥ Option+\ when in browser the shortcut is just ⌘ Command+\

Thank you for explanation and possible way to disable this global shortcut....
david

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidhq,

The ⌘\ Command+\ keyboard shortcut will only work in a web browser (when the 1Password extension is installed) and is specifically meant to fill your Login info on the current website. If you only have one matching Login for the site, using that shortcut will immediately fill your login credentials, and you won't see the extension/mini pop-up window at all.

The ⌥⌘\ Command+Option+\ keyboard shortcut will open 1Password mini from any app, not just web browsers. This gives you quick access to your 1Password data from anywhere, without needing to open the main app. It's also handy when you need to copy/paste your data into another app, or generate a new strong password. In a web browser, you can also use this shortcut if you need to fill information using a Credit Card or Identity item. (This shortcut can also be used to fill Logins in your browser, although it will always show you the pop-up window first, even if you only have one matching Login item.)

If you'd like to change the shortcut for 1Password mini, you can do that in 1Password's General preferences.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else! :)

• davidhq
    davidhq
    Community Member
    Options

Somehow I missed this section of preferences!! Thank you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.