Mac PC and Iphones work and personal

johnny_laser
johnny_laser
Community Member

Hi I'm not sure which package i need to purchase this is my scenario, I have an IPhone for work and a personal IPhone that use different apple ID's, I use a mac at home as well as a IPad and for work i use windows based laptop.

I want to be able to use 1password across all devices without having to purchase a license for each device, is this possible?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Licenses for 1Password are sold an a per user, per platform basis, so to cover all of your devices, you will need a Mac license, a Windows license, and at least one license for iOS, each purchased separately.

To ease the pain a little, AgileBits sells a Mac/Windows bundle at a discount. That would cover your Mac and your work PC. Note that you can use each on as many machines as you use yourself, at home and at work. The licenses also cover up to six family members in the same household. You will not be able to use iCloud for syncing if you buy this way, because Apple only allows access to the required processes for applications they sell themselves from one of their App Stores. This isn't an issue for you, because Windows won't have iCloud access for syncing anyway.

The iOS application is also licensed for all your devices, so long as you are using the same AppleID on all of them. The basic application is free to download and use, but if you want or need the more advanced Pro features, unlocking those requires an in-app purchase. You'd have access then to the Pro features on all of your devices sharing the same AppleID. Because you say your work iPhone uses a different AppleID, you would have to make a separate in-app purchase on that one if you want the Pro features there too.

So the shortest answer to your question abut whether it's possible to use 1Password on all of those devices without purchasing a license for each device is, "No." The modifier is that each platform license can be used on all devices you use yourself, and in the case of App Store purchases, share the same AppleID.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnny_laser,

I hope the information from hawkmoth was helpful for you! If you have more questions about how our licensing works, you can find more information in this knowledgebase article: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

We're always happy to help if you have more questions or need anything else! :)

• johnny_laser
    johnny_laser
    Community Member

thank you it's clear now. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! If you need anything else, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.