Discussion Forum Email visibility when logged out

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have noticed that some email, mostly belonging to Agilebits staff are visible when logged out of the forums. @tonydow who presumably isn't a member of the Agilebits staff also has his email shown. Most of us forum members don't have our emails displayed. Isn't this preferable or am I overlooking something?

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I have noticed that some email, mostly belonging to Agilebits staff are visible when logged out of the forums. @tonydow who presumably isn't a member of the Agilebits staff also has his email shown. Most of us forum members don't have our emails displayed. Isn't this preferable (to have emails hidden) or am I overlooking something?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

There is an option in your profile settings that will allow you to decide if your email address is shared.

• Ben
    Options

In addition to what Megs mentioned, I also wanted to note that AgileBits Team Members can always view the email address you are registered on these forums with.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

"Tony Dow" is a real name from the long running series Leave it to Beaver. It's probably coincidental.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@wkleem: Nice catch! I suspect that you're right. :wink:

Personally, I prefer my email address be hidden on a public forum, since I get more spam than I care to, but it's a personal preference. :pirate:

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I'm Tony Dow and no relation to the Beaver actor but sometimes get emails from people thinking I am ( asking for help getting into acting etc.) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@tonydow: Nice. You should charge for autographs. You are, after all, the real Tony Dow! :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.