1Password popup appears when "fill and login" keyboard shortcut used in Chrome

Whenever I'm on a login page in Chrome, and I use the keyboard shortcut to "fill and login", it does so, but a separate 1Password mini popup appears that doesn't go away until I hit the ESC key. Any ideas?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hagurganus,

Unlike the other areas of these forums, this particular section spans the various platforms and versions out there. To best help it would be great if you could supply some details for us please.

The following could prove useful:

1. Your platform e.g. OS X, iOS, Windows or Android.
    2. The version of your OS.
    3. The version of 1Password.
    4. If you're on a Mac are you using the default keyboard shortcuts or have you changed them at all?
    5. The version of your 1Password Browser Extension. This is separate from the main 1Password version and the version number can be found in the extension page for Chrome.

It's certain not a behaviour I've come across before and it shouldn't happen so we'd love to learn more.

• hagurganus
    hagurganus
    Community Member

Ah, my apologies.

1. Mac OS X
    2. 10.10.13
    3. 1Password - Version 5.3 (530029) - Mac App Store
    4. I believe they're default.
    5. 4.3.1.90

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Nothing to apologise for @hagurganus :smile: most of our forum sections tell us what platform somebody is on, this section is still quite new and we're getting used to it ourselves.

So you're on login page in Chrome. You use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill the page, which it does. I assume you have submit after filling enabled and so you're logged in. Now is it after the submit command that the 1Password mini menu pops up or does it seem more like it's at the exact moment that you issue the fill command? When you say 1Password mini popup I am assuming it's the standard 1Password mini menu that you see, the same if you click the 1Password Extension button or use the ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut. Am I correct with all of that?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@hagurganus,

I've just stumbled upon an open bug report that might apply here. Do you have multiple 'users' in Chrome and do you have more than one open when this is happening?

ref: OPM-2185

• hagurganus
    hagurganus
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables ,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this.

It's at the exact instant that I enter the ⌘\ command to fill the page that the pop-up appears. Yes, I'm logged in a split second after that, but the pop-up persists on the screen. It's the standard 1Password mini menu as far as I know (see screenshot).

It appears that I don't have the ⌥⌘\ keyboard shortcut setup for the 'show 1Password mini' feature (I believe I un-set that in 1password preferences in an attempt to fix this issue - see screenshot).

... however it's that same pop-up window, I believe, yes.

As far as multiple users – I do have multiple users in Chrome. I just tested whether having multiple users open at the same time and it does seem to affect it. When I quit Chrome, reopen it, and try the 1password keyboard shortcut on a login page (with only one possible set of credentials in 1password), the pop-up doesn't randomly appear. (I think I didn't notice this until now because my workflow is such that the first several pages I log into every day have several options for login credentials – and I believe that on those pages the popup window always appears (by design), and by the time I log into the pages with only one set of credentials later in the day, I've got several Chrome users open).

Based on this, my issue would seem to align with that bug report you mentioned. Do you have any additional information about that, or a link to where I could track it?

Thanks!

Heath

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

When I quit Chrome, reopen it, and try the 1password keyboard shortcut on a login page (with only one possible set of credentials in 1password), the pop-up doesn't randomly appear. (I think I didn't notice this until now because my workflow is such that the first several pages I log into every day have several options for login credentials – and I believe that on those pages the popup window always appears (by design), and by the time I log into the pages with only one set of credentials later in the day, I've got several Chrome users open).

@hagurganus: This is it precisely. Our issue tracking is not public though, I'm afraid; but the development team is aware of the issue so that we can find some sort of workaround. And I know that some of our own team members use a similar setup, so rest assured that we are motivated to find a solution. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you at this time, but thanks so much for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.