how do i sync my iPhone 5 with my computer

jasonkeith
jasonkeith
Community Member

I have recently installed mcAfee internet security program version 3.3.2.2 and believe that it is preventing me from syncing my 1 passwords together. I guess i should turn off the firewall and do a adhoc network?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: wifi
KB Article: icloud-remove-data

Comments

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member

Why are you bothering to install and run that McAfee application?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There is a knowledge base article here:

Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension

but I'm afraid it doesn't refer specifically to McAfee—and when I search the forums for McAfee I find problems more related to Windows than to OS X.

Please give us a little more information. You've come here from a KB article about iCloud but you say you're using wifi to sync your 1P data. What exact symptom or error message are you seeing that leads you to think McAfee is a problem?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jasonkeith,

I think the best approach would be to test and see if the firewall is the cause. If temporarily disabling the firewall results in Wi-Fi Sync working we've narrowed down the cause to a very specific location and we can work on that. The Ad-Hoc network connection is normally to see if a router is causing problems so you shouldn't need to try that.

So if you can report back on if temporarily disabling the router makes a difference and we'll take it from there :smile:

This discussion has been closed.