"Move to Dropbox" doesn't work anymore [Confirmed, we will fix this soon]

Options
mdm
mdm
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am a new user, installed 1Password last week. Initially I set up the 1Password vault on a local drive, but I would like to sync to my iPhone as well. I installed Dropbox, but when I click the "Move to dropbox" button under the Preferences > General page I get a popup window with the title "It appears you do not have Dropbox installed" and text "Would you like to download and install Dropbox now?". I tried rebooting the system after installing Dropbox, with the same results after a reboot.

System: Windows 7, Service Pack 1.
1Password Version: 4.5.0.474
Dropbox Version: 3.6.4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @mdm,

It is possible Dropbox has changed how they present this information to us, which wouldn't be the first time.

[Update: Confirmed, Dropbox has changed something and we'll investigate for a fix].

What you can do for now:

1. Terminate 1Password by going to the File Menu > Exit
    2. Locate your 1Password data folder in Documents > 1Password. By default, it is named 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Move this to your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password folder, you'll need to create the Apps > 1Password folders if you don't have it already.
    4. Now, open 1Password, it may act as if it cannot find your data, select the existing data option and point it to your 1Password.agilekeychain folder in Dropbox.
This discussion has been closed.