Dropbox-synced OPVault takes a long time to appear [known issue]

Options
thewinchester
thewinchester
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Ok, so I was stuck and cannot figure out for the life of me how to get my dropbox-sync'd opvault file into the 1Password Alpha for Windows Modern.

I've followed the instructions in this article - https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39874/getting-started#Dropbox-primary.

However, whenever I get to Step 4 (On the "Manage vaults" page, scroll down into the Dropbox section, choose the vault you want to use as your primary vault, and slide the corresponding switch from OFF to ON.), there is no vaults listed for me to use.

After waiting the better part of ten minutes, which was the time it took me to find the aforementioned article, register on the support forum, validate my account, and start process of writing this post for help - the password vault finally appeared for me to select.

So, bit of feedback obviously - would be nice if it showed up immediately after connecting the Dropbox account, or gave better signals that it was still locating your opvault.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows Phone 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, the lag can be quite disconcerting. We're looking into possible causes and potential workarounds.

Thanks for your patience!

• thewinchester
    thewinchester
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Anything which users can do to help, or provide information to help diagnose the issue @DBrown?

• @thewinchester, there is new release making it's way through the Windows (Phone) Store. It contains improved logging of activities, which can help us to troubleshoot such issues. Next time you see something wrong, please visit Settings\Current activities to check if there is something suspicious there and feel free to drop a line at support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com with these logs.

Thanks for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.