1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kcbrowne7
    kcbrowne7
    Community Member

Need some answers to my questions in 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Yes, there are usually people around, even at the weekend. However, it would help us to help you if you post details of your problem and also provide the information showing as Not Provided at the bottom of your post.

Edit: @kcbrowne7 I have merged your two posts into the same thread because it makes support easier and also makes it easier for you to find answers. There are people around but sometimes on a Sunday you need to be a little patient. Many of the AgileBits staff are in Canada or the USA and so are sleeping now. However, others of us are here.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Enthusiastic volunteers, such as myself, are frequently looking at the forums. AgileBits staff read all the forums regularly. It is the weekend, so fewer people, staff especially, are around.

Ask your questions, and someone will come up with answers.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kcbrowne7,

There were a few older posts to address so this is me just getting round to yours now. Sorry about that. Now we are willing to help and we do make sure we read and address every post here in the forums but we will need to know what the problem is. At the moment I don't see a question.

If you can let us know what the problem is we'll do our best to help :smile:

• kcbrowne7
    kcbrowne7
    Community Member

Hello. Very new to all this so please forgive me. Trying to figure out how your support system works. I was expecting to be able to call or text one or your Tech's but looks as though this forum is the only option I have...am I correct? If so, can you let me know how I should proceed and what I can expect? Thanks...KCB

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@kcbrowne7 ,

Just start asking your questions, and folks will chime in with answers. It's like magic!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kcbrowne7: Indeed. If you can tell us what you're using (OS, 1Password, and browser version), the steps you're taking, and what you're trying to do, we'll be happy to offer advice, assistance, and encouragement. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Just to add. There is support by email, but the forums are the first place. AgileBits staff will take support to email if there is information that you need to keep private or the matter requires a long exchange of messages.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kcbrowne7,

As you've seen from the multiple replies, while the forums aren't the only means of communication it's one of the first lines of support. The release of iOS 8, Yosemite and 1Password 5 saw a massive spike in support requests and the email side couldn't cope. People weren't getting responses in an acceptable timeframe so we decided to use the forums more. We can help multiple people at a time from a single thread, even more than we see as some people may find a answer searching our forums without even registering.

If needed we can move it to email but we try and use that for the cases that require it so that everybody gets seen as quickly as we can manage. At the moment there has already been two team members from AgileBits in your thread and three community moderators, users who have shown a passion and level of knowledge and understanding of 1Password that we've acknowledged their contribution.

Ideally we would like to know:

1. Which version of 1Password are you running?
    2. What version of the 1Password extension is installed and what browser (if related to the issue)
    3. What version of OS X you are running, you can find that by clicking on the Apple in the top left hand corner and selecting the About This Mac menu option.
    4. How you sync, if indeed you are syncing between Macs or Mac and iOS devices etc.
    5. The problem you are experiencing.

Questions 1-4 are to help us understand what you are using, to make sure the guidance you receive is for the correct versions and 5 is simply so we can understand what the problem is and if we need to move to email.

Once we understand what the issue is we can take it from there :smile:

This discussion has been closed.