Feature Request: Set Lenient URL matching separately per login/URL; and/or set default login for URL

askewchan
askewchan
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I have two different logins for a website: an administration account and a billing account. They have different usernames and passwords, but the domain name matches (admin.example.com, billing.example.com). It's quite convenient to have the lenient URL matching turned on, but then these two logins are not distinguished (so ⌘\ won't autofill) and I must manually choose between them.

A similar request is to set a default login for any such set, so that at least the more commonly used one would be automatically filled (with ⌘\) and I could do it manually (with ⌥⌘\) when I wanted the less common one. "Never show in browser" would solve this problem if it did what it says it does, but it actually means "never show in Mini" rendering that login quite inaccessible. Not sure if this is intentional or not, because the current behavior is very useful for logins that are rarely used, and I wouldn't want to lose it. It's just not useful for logins that are second-most-commonly used.

1Password Version: 5.4.BETA-16 (540016)
Extension Version: 4.4.0.b5
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @askewchan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback & suggestions! I can't make any promises of course, but I can certainly let our developers know about your requests.

For now, in order to make it easier to use the more common of those two Login items, you can mark it as a Favorite. Then, when you go to one of those sites and use the keyboard shortcut for 1Password, the one marked as a Favorite will be listed first (and highlighted). All you need to do is hit Return/Enter if that's the Login item you want to fill. When you want to use the less common Login item, you can use the down arrow to select it before hitting Return/Enter.

If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG. I do use the favoriting workaround, and it is useful, especially for the case when the two urls are actually identical.

I meant to link to this discussion on a similar problem in my original post, which has the same workaround and a couple others.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! I'm glad marking one Login as a favorite has been a useful workaround.

We're here for you if you ever need anything else! :)

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member

Useful, yes, but not quite satisfactory :P
    Hopefully one improvement or another is on the horizon.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

As a beta user @askewchan you're in the perfect position to see all the improvements as they happen :wink:

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member

That's a promising comment, @littlebobbytables :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I hope I haven't created any false hope @askewchan - I'm not privy to the next set of intended improvements at all. We tend to learn about the improvements as they make their way into the beta so you'll probably find out at the same time as us, possibly a smidgen sooner depending on how often you update. I was more just meaning to say that as a beta user you'll be one of the first to learn. I do apologise if my wording mislead at all :(

• askewchan
    askewchan
    Community Member

haha no worries @littlebobbytables.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

phew :)

This discussion has been closed.