Stackoverflow Login not found

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member

I login to Stackoverflow using a StackExchange Id. How when I try to use the 1Password keyboard it doesn't match. This is likely because they are different domains. The problem is that it doesn't give me the option to search or browse for it either, forcing me back to the main app and the clipboard.

Comments

• Hey @RichardPayne. This is one of the abilities we took out from our filling implementation. In browsers, such as Chrome, where we are able to identify the domain the user is on using 1Password’s accessibility service, we do not allow the ability to choose a Login item assigned to a different domain in the URL field. The reason to why we went with this approach is to prevent our users from accidentally filling their login information on phishing websites.

Of course, this also means that you will not be able to fill into websites that do not match the URL field in the Login item, such as in your case with StackExchange and StackOverflow. Our plans to overcome this challenge is to add multiple URL support for Login items in the near future.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

So what you're saying is you rank user stupity as a greater risk than using the clipboard. Nice to know! :-P

• I can certainly appreciate how this might be a bit frustrating for you, and I’d be happy to mention to the development team that you’d love to see multiple URL support added sooner rather than later to remove this issue.

It's surprisingly easy to be fooled with fake webpages that look so genuine. As a security company, we will do all we can to ensure our users’ security.

This discussion has been closed.