Local storage Sync problems

Options
albeemb
albeemb
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I’ve always used local storage as my sync option for my android device, since I don’t like to use Dropbox. Lately, new items added via my pc are not syncing with my mobile. So far, I’ve tried the following, which doesn’t seem to solve the problem:

• Deleted the sync to folder option on my pc and then creating it again. Creating a new 1Password.agilekeychain
  • Deleted the app from my android; installed it again. Then synced the newly created 1Password.agilekeychain

I finally tried to sync via dropbox and it worked all of my new item have been synced.

Now I’m forced to use dropbox, which I don’t prefer. Any help solving the folder option will be much appreciated.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hey @albeemb. I’m sorry to hear you are unable to successfully perform local storage sync between your PC and your Android device. Let’s figure out what’s going on.

• How are you copying the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to your Android device? Are you compressing the data folder (to a zip file, for example) before copying?
    • Does 1Password on Android report any error messages after configuring local storage sync to the data folder?
  • albeemb
    albeemb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Saad,

• I'm copying the file wirelessly using AirDroid on my android. I just open AirDroid on my Phone and then go the IP Address on my mac and drag and drop the file as is (Without compressing)

• No 1Password on my Android didn't report any problem after the Sync.

Do you think I should try copying the file via USB cable?

• saad
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. I would highly recommend copying your 1Password data folder using USB to see if that helps. Let me know what you find out!

• albeemb
    albeemb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Saad.

It synced perfectly using a USB and Android File Manager App on my Mac. I was very doubtful that it’d work!

Would really like to know what caused the missing items when syncing via Airdroid.

One more thing, is WIFI Server feature coming to android?

Thanks again and take care.

• saad
    Options

Great to hear USB transfer did the trick! We noticed several tools have problems with copying the 1Password .agilekeychain folder. Possibly because these tools are not equipped to handle these kind of files. :( Therefore, we always recommend doing a USB transfer to copy the data folder.

We just added Wi-Fi sync to our latest Android beta. :smile: If you are interested in joining our beta release cycle, you can sign up here.

This discussion has been closed.