OS X Yosemite text expansion still not available in username field

brightonpete
brightonpete
Community Member

I still can't using the native text expansion in the username field. Bit of a pain having to type out, especially when I am just a 2-finger typist, with the occasional error!

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brightonpete,

You're quite right, it doesn't work there but it will in places such as Safari's address bar or a login field on a web page. I've created a bug report so it will be up to the devs now to figure out why this is the case. I can only think of a couple of suggestions and neither are ideal.

1. If you were to add a Sticky note to your dashboard, you could use the dashboard as a quick and dirty staging area where you could have OS X's text replacement work, then you copy and paste before returning to 1Password. Not ideal.
    2. Now this suggestion sadly isn't free, but we use Text Expander here and I quite like it. It's one of the reasons why I wouldn't never have noticed this bug. Text Expander does work even in the fields of a 1Password item but it isn't free which is the only reason I'm hesitant to suggest it as a workaround for our bug. It is nice software though and worth the price if you're buying it for the right reasons i.e. not to circumnavigate a bug.

Obviously neither negates the need for us to investigate why it is doing this. The bug report has been made and it's now a case if getting developers eyes onto it.

I do apologise for this.

ref: OPM-3142

• brightonpete
    brightonpete
    Community Member

I don't use Dashboard. All I do is expand it in the notes section, then c&p from there.

I have TextExpander, but deleted it, along with a couple other apps like it, just to cut down on the slowness my elderly computer has been experiencing (late 2009 iMac). Which is why I've just noticed it recently...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! Whichever workaround works best for you is fine, of course. I'm sorry the Mac OS text expansion isn't working as expected in 1Password, and hopefully we'll be able to improve that (although I don't have any timeframe at this point).

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always glad to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.