I have uninstalled 1Password, but the 1PasswordAgent is still running. How to I permanently kill it?

I uninstalled 1Password some time ago (possibly during Yosemite, possibly before; I don't remember what version of 1Password it was). However, the 1PasswordAgent process still runs. If I use Activity Monitor to make it quit, it instantly re-launches. How do I kill this process, and prevent it from running?

I've searched the hard drive for "password", "1password", and "1passwordagent", and "agile", but no files are found. Where is this hiding?

1Password Version: 4? unsure
Extension Version: none
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: n/a ?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gildnerr,

Completely Uninstalling 1Password

I believe this is what you're looking for as 1PasswordAgent is part of 1Password 3. Now what I would recommend doing is following the manual steps that are in the section under the automated uninstaller. The reason I suggest this is because you've already removed some components and now you just want to tidy up a bit. Any section where you find it refers to files you don't have you can skip over as they either never existed or you've already removed them.

Should you have any troubles at all please let us know and we'll do our best to assist :smile:

• gildnerr
    gildnerr
    Community Member

THANK YOU!! That seems to have done it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent news @gildnerr :smile:

If you have any follow up questions just post and we'll do our best to answer them.

This discussion has been closed.