Search Related Bugs

thegdgteer
thegdgteer
Community Member

I have noticed a couple search related bugs in recent versions:

1) When starting a search and entering in text very fast it first shows the typed characters but then after a delay it deletes most of the characters up to the first character entered.
2) It seems the first time search results are returned (for life of app?) I am unable to Swipe to Reveal the password on the search results cells until I drill down into one of the detail views.

Is this bug reproducible? Yes
Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices and/or computers? iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2
A quick summary of the bug: See above.
Detailed Step-by-Step list on how to reproduce it: See above
Versions of 1Password you're using on the devices and computers involved: Latest 5.4 beta as of 4/14/15.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Thanks so much for the detailed reports, David. We've got both of these bugs cataloged in our bug tracker and will be taking care of them.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

I'll second this on an iPhone 5s running 5.4.1 (504103).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @holgr,

Thanks for the confirmation! We'll do what we can to have this resolved as soon as possible.

ref: OPI-2547, OPI-2603

• foad
    foad
    Community Member

When using the latest beta on my iPhone 6+ I'm seeing a weird bug.

When searching for a login in the root of the categories tab, I can't swipe to copy the password. If I tap the login and swipe back, the search results are still there, and swiping gives the option to copy the password as expected.

• foad
    foad
    Community Member

When using the latest beta on my iPhone 6+ I'm seeing a weird bug.

When searching for a login in the root of the categories tab, I can't swipe to copy the password. If I tap the login and swipe back, the search results are still there, and swiping gives the option to copy the password as expected.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @foad,

I've merged your post in with an existing discussion on this matter. We are aware of this issue and will do what we can to have it resolved as soon as possible!

Thanks for the report. :)

• jszotten
    jszotten
    Community Member

Just chiming in on this one. I also get that swipe bug. No need to reply but thought I'd comment here so o get notified when there's an up date on the issue. Keep up the great work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jszotten ,

Thanks for chiming in! The bug related to typing search items quickly should be resolved in the latest betas, so please check it out and let me know if you're still seeing incorrect behaviour.

Our developers are still working to resolve the swipe issue, but I'll let you know when there's progress made there!

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

Yes, I agree and confirm that the search items quickly bug appears resolved in the latest beta, thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thegdgteer ,

Thanks so much for confirming that we're making progress here - that's awesome. :)

• davidn
    davidn
    Community Member

Another vote for fixing bug #1.
    For #2, if I swipe a result I see "copy password" on a blue background but not "reveal".

• Abdiel Ortiz
    Abdiel Ortiz
    Community Member

I see the same thing. I am actually running latest version as of Fri. Jun. 8, on an iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 8.4b3.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I have to admit, I'm a little confused. I see the original report mentioning swipe to reveal but everything I've reviewed so far tells me swipe to copy is what you should see. To the best of my knowledge and digging @davidn & @Abdiel Ortiz, we don't have a swipe to reveal - you still need to enter the Item Details screen to do this. Is the Copy Password feature working for you?

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

I mis-posted. Yes, it's swipe to copy, NOT reveal.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @thegdgteer,

No worries, who can claim they've never mistyped eh? :smile:

Now I believe the swipe to Copy Password is working again in the latest betas, do you find this to be the case? I see the bug has been flagged as resolved so if you're running 5.5b10, the latest beta, and it isn't working for you please do let us know.

ref: OPI-2603

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

Yes, it is working for me in the latest beta. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thegdgteer,

Thanks for letting us know that you've got Copy Password via item swiping working with 5.5.BETA-10. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.