Google Drive Support sync coming?

Comments

• Thank you for the vote!

• toobulkeh
    toobulkeh
    Community Member

+1 for 5x people on our team!

• I'm adding your +5 @toobulkeh. Thanks for the votes!

• Thank you for the x5 votes!

• natevancouver
    natevancouver
    Community Member

Another +1 for this feature. It sounds like a few people might want it, hey? ;) I would like to see it available on all platforms (iOS, Mac, Android) so we can fully switch away from Dropbox.

• saad
    edited April 2015

Thanks for the +1 @natevancouver. This is a very important feature and we would really like to see this in 1Password. :) 1Password on desktop versions can already accomplish sync using Google Drive through folder sync. Android and iOS will need to use the Drive API to support sync with Google Drive.

• AlecRust
    AlecRust
    Community Member

Please add my vote for Google Drive on OS X/iOS too!

• Thank you for your vote @AlecRust. :)

• Zod
    Zod
    Community Member

Add my vote too, thanks!

• Will do! Thanks so much @zod. :)

• w00master
    w00master
    Community Member

Love you guys, but you've been saying that "Google Drive support is coming" and "we know this is important!" for over 2 years now. Yet... still nothing, and you guys come out with a WATCH app first?

Please.... PLEASE add Google Drive support. You KNOW the users want it. We've been asking for it for a while. It's amazing that this is STILL NOT THERE.

And yet you guys come out with Watch app. Amazing. Just amazing.

Please. ANYTHING on a status on Google Drive support would be very appreciated.

• We completely understand your frustration @w00master. We really do want to get Google Drive support in 1Password. During our look through the implementation, we discovered a limitation within the current Drive SDK for Android that prevents 1Password from being able to access files in the 1Password data folder not created using the API. This would mean using folder sync solution on another platform or manually uploading your 1Password data folder to Drive will not work with 1Password on Android. We are continuing to work hard on getting this feature implemented as soon as possible and we are in contact with Google to find a way to overcome these limitations. Thanks for your feedback!

• yovko
    yovko
    Community Member

Another vote for Google Drive support for Mac !!

• Thanks for the vote, @yovko! :)

• Adam64
    Adam64
    Community Member

+1 for Google Drive support!

• Thanks @Adam64! I'm adding your vote. :)

• Arcank
    Arcank
    Community Member

+1!

• Thanks for your vote @Arcank!

• andrewchen5678
    andrewchen5678
    Community Member

Can you just make it work for google drive for platforms other than android like windows, os x, and iOS? Many people use google drive while not android.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andrewchen5678: With 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac (using Folder Sync) you can do this now (although I haven't found the desktop Google Drive software to be especially reliable), since they're just writing to the computer's filesystem.

The big issue is that on mobile devices this isn't a viable option, since filesystem access is limited, and frankly we don't want our batteries draining either. So there we need robust APIs that write (and get updates pushed) directly from the servers.

Google I/O is coming up quick though, so I'm hoping they have some improvements on their roadmap! :)

• rwayy
    rwayy
    Community Member

Is it too late to cast my vote for Google Drive sync? I dislike using Dropbox just to sync 1Password with my Mac.

• No it's not too late! I'll go ahead and add your vote for Google Drive. Thanks! :)

• nod
    nod
    Community Member

+1 to Google Drive support!

• Thanks @nod! I'm adding your +1. :)

• Hu3bsch1
    Hu3bsch1
    Community Member

+1 for Google Drive support!

• Thanks for the vote! :+1:

• mariof
    mariof
    Community Member

I vote too. I need drive for my android. I want less stuff, not more, that is why i dont want dropbox, i already have everything on drive.

• Amos
    Amos
    Community Member

Add my +1 please. Given you have been in conversations with Google for a long time now, and there has been no progress, please point us to the Google Drive support ticket or contact so we can add some weight. Thanks.

• Hi @mariof. I'll add your vote, thanks! I also want to point out for the meantime, that it's not necessary to have the Dropbox app on your Android in order to sync with Dropbox, if space is an issue.

@Amos, we don't have a support ticket with Google that you can comment on. Our developers are in contact with their support team, though, and we're hoping that we'll be able to work something out for the future. I'll pass this feedback along, though, so it should still add that weight. :) Thanks!

• inspry
    inspry
    Community Member

+1 for Google Drive support on iOS (not just Android)
    As stated by others, I only have DB because of 1Password

This discussion has been closed.