How to exclude sub domain?

Options
brettr
brettr
Community Member

When I visit any apple.com domain, I get prompts to login. I have two logins for that domain so both prompts will come up for:

support.apple.com
discussions.apple.com
apple.com

How do I exclude login1 from the discussions.apple.com domain?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr,

I'd like to ask about the current setting of one particular option please. The option in question is Lenient URL matching and it can be found in the Browser tab of 1Password's preferences. I suspect it is enabled and I believe if you disable it you will find the list of items is reduced.

Hopefully that helps but if it doesn't please do let us know and we can continue the problem solving :smile:

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables. I have this checked but still see about 5 logins come up from 1P. It looks like this option isn't have any effect.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr,

Have you tried disabling the Lenient URL matching option in the 1Password preferences? Once you disable that, 1Password will look at both the domain and subdomain when matching Login items with the current URL. Please try disabling that, and let us know if it helps. Thanks!

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - above I meant to say unchecked.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr,

Have you ever had one of those moments where you wonder if your brain was working at all? For me this is one of them.

When you try to log in discussions.apple.com you're sent to idmsa.apple.com, Apple's general login page. That means there sadly won't be a way of hiding one of the Apple Login items just for discussions.apple.com and it also won't be because of lenient URL matching so apologies for sending you down the wrong road (so to speak). Now you could hide one of the Login items completely but that is a very different thing and not what you requested.

Hiding an item completely would mean you couldn't use it from 1Password mini to fill any login page. You might wonder what's the point of a Login item that you can't use from the browser, a reasonable question. Well open and fill, where you click on the URL in a Login item from the main 1Password window still allows you to open a page and fill using this item even if it's hidden. The trick is to make sure the URL stored is the correct one. For example, if you want a hidden item to log you into discussions.apple.com, storing that URL won't help (it isn't the login page) but storing https://discussions.apple.com/login.jspa will work.

That's a bit of a divergence from your original request though. Does it help at all given there's no easy way to exclude one item from Apple's central login page?

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member
    Options

No because I click a browser short cut to reach forums. So this won't work. Thanks anyway.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry I couldn't find a better solution for you @brettr. Given the single landing page for logging in I can't see a solution to this through changes to the application either. If you routinely use one Login over the other you could favourite one but my interpretation of your original query suggests that's no good either. It looks like you will have to accept both being displayed as options I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.