Play Music in background - music title change locks 1 Password and more

LydS
LydS
Community Member

Hi guys,
I ran into the following problem today. I was adding a Social Security Number entry today, and had a playlist on Google Play Music running in the background. Every time a new title came up in the playlist, 1Password locked. Right inbetween me editing. After unlocking with the master password, I was back where I was before the lock happend (editing in the Notes of the SSN entry). After pushing the OK button, the whole entry was gone and I had to start all over.
Second time around I was a bit smarter and saved early (lots of long numbers to enter here in Switzerland), though again while editing the notes a new title came up in the playlist and 1Password locked again. After entering the master password again, I was back editing the Notes section of the SSN entry, and pushing the OK button brought me back to the main screen of the SSN entry, but hitting the SAVE Button ended in an error message, that it couldn't save the entry and I should cancel and open it again. Which I did (though not without copying the text I had in the Notes section beforehand). I went back in and pasted the text into the notes section and pushed OK and then save and everything was fine (thanks to no track change in the playlist during that time).

I hope this description is detailed enough. If anything is unclear to you or need more information, let me know. Happy to help.

Lydia

1Password Version: 4.5b2 (20150605)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.1.1 (Nexus 5)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hey @LydS. Thanks for getting in touch with us, and for the detailed description of the problem you're experiencing. :)

We've so far been unable to reproduce this issue on our devices, so I'm curious as to what is going on here. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Nexus 5:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• LydS
    LydS
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Hi @peri, I sent the diagnostics report and some screenshots by e-mail. Though, I couldn't replicate the locking when a new song starts to play either today (with b3 instead of b2). Forcing the app to lock though still leads to the data loss of an unsaved entry or not being able to save an edited entry (error message). But see for yourself in my e-mail. Thanks!

• Thanks @LydS. :) I'll locate your ticket, and we can continue the conversation via email.

This discussion has been closed.