Chrome Extension on Linux

13»

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mooash,

Thanks for taking the time to check in on us. Unfortunately, I don't have much of an update for you at this time. That's not to say that we are not considering this, but we make it a point to not make promises on unreleased features, as there are just too many factors involved (many of which are beyond our control) which could affect the outcome here.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here. Have you tried running 1Password for Windows in WINE?

• jhandl
    jhandl
    Community Member

+1 for what it's worth.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jhandl,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll be sure to mention that to our developers. :)

• CyberLine
    CyberLine
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

+1 from me to have a working 1p on Linux.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CyberLine‌

Thanks for adding your vote here. :) As has been previously mentioned in the thread - have you tried running 1Password 4 for Windows in WINE?

• S_Wo
    S_Wo
    Community Member

Hi,

I just bought the whole Mac&Win bundle of 1Password and got the windows version to run under WINE. It would be so great if either the Firefox oder the Chrome extension would work under Linux, 'cause Ubuntu is where I really get things done. And having to copy&paste hampers my flow severely.

I know, you have a lot of stuff to do and only limited resources to do it with, but I think, after more than four years of people asking, a lot of people would really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @S_Wo,

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! I'll let our team know you're keen to see a version of 1Password for Linux. :)

• octoberxp
    octoberxp
    Community Member

Just going to throw in another +1 for Linux here. I'm looking into transitioning away from Mac OS, and 1Password is a big hitch in that plan. I have it running under Wine, which is a pretty good start, but the lack of a working browser extension in Chrome is going to make this tedious.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @octoberxp‌

Thanks for adding your vote here. :)

• fmi
    fmi
    Community Member

same setup here: I use 1password on Windows, OSX and iOS. In these days im thinking of moving away from Windows to Ubuntu, but 1password won't move with me. 1passwordanywhere is not an option here.

+1

• Linuz
    Linuz
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

+1 Having 1password for linux would be great:)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi guys,

Thanks for adding your votes here! I'll let our team know you're interested in this. :)

• Nevon
    Nevon
    Community Member

Just another customer here, asking for Linux support. I started using 1password at work, where I use OSX, but now I'm dependent on it at home as well, where I have to use 1Password Anywhere, which just isn't good enough for daily use. The browser extension working is an absolute must.

For now, I will move to Lastpass, but I hope you guys get around to supporting Linux eventually.

• nigebj
    nigebj
    Community Member

Who signs up just to tell you that after 4.5 years, here is yet another potential customer who has to go to another product. Linux is widely used, surely there must be an answer to getting the browser extension working. BTW counting requests only works if the process is an open forum, the majority of people who need this will come here, see you do not have it and leave - without going to the trouble of +1 or commenting, as they have to register to do so.

• michaelvmata
    michaelvmata
    Community Member

Yet another customer here using 1password on Android and Mac OS X. 1password is the only software I use daily that isn't available on Linux. I'm literally using Mac OS X because of your software. :)

• nekojira
    nekojira
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

+1 for 1password Chrome Linux extension... with WINE works well but it loses all its purpose since there are no working browsers extensions...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll be sure our team hears your thoughts. :)

• PhilippeAG
    PhilippeAG
    1Password Alumni

The browser extension should install and work correctly, I know of at least one user making it work. After that, you just need to disable Browser Validation in 1Password for Windows (Help > Restart 1Password Helper does help also).

• pfremm
    pfremm
    Community Member

Could you elaborate how they got that to work? I turned off browser validation, and I have the extension installed in chromium. 1Password is running fine in wine. I just cannot get chromium running into Ubuntu to fine 1Password in wine.

• pfremm
    pfremm
    Community Member

Never mind I got it. The extension automatically installed when I synced chromium to my google account. Removing the extension and then reinstalling from agilebits.com fixed the issue. It also works in firefox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear you got it working @pfremm :smile:

This discussion has been closed.