Logging into EFTPS, the federal tax payment website.

johnscosgrove
johnscosgrove
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

EFTPS is the federal website for paying federal taxes electronically. Business have no choice but to make payments this way. I haven't figured out a way to do it with 1Password. Here's the login screen. https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/login/loginInitial What can be done?

1Password Version: 1Password 5
Extension Version: Version 5.3.2 (532001) Agile Web Store
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnscosgrove,

Now I'm not based in the US myself so I haven't been able to test submitting a form filled by 1Password but I have tested and successfully filled the form using test data. I do so by following the steps in our How to manually save a Login guide which allows 1Password mini to better understand the page by inspecting it. If the issue was getting 1Password to fill at all then this should work.

Now just to let you know, the Login item it creates won't look like it will fill if you aren't aware of what web form details are. Hidden by default, the web form details section of a Login item is what tells 1Password mini and the extension what to fill in and where. So during my testing it successfully identified my password as being my password and 1Password took a guess that the second part of the EIN was the username. Regardless though, everything is stored in the web form details section which you can view by clicking on the show web form details button. When I get pages like this, to make the Login more user friendly I like to duplicate the information that needs to be in the web form details section in custom fields so they are also visible. You don't have to, 1Password doesn't use custom fields for filling but it just makes for a nicer looking item in my mind.

If the issue wasn't filling please do let us know. If the issue is just filling I believe that will help but do please let us know that too :smile:

• johnscosgrove
    johnscosgrove
    Community Member

That worked! Thanks very much.

John

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Great to hear @johnscosgrove and thank you for letting us know :smile:

This discussion has been closed.