Search in MAC Safari not finding ALL passwords

Options
Apie
Apie
Community Member
edited June 2015 in Mac

This used to work for me when even a portion of the title was entered all (SAFARI - extension 4.3.1) the passwords associated with that search were displayed.
Now I get a truncated list in the Safari dropdown but the app and the iOS app's both show me all the password entries that are associated with that search - search argument iTunes
iPad search removed by AgileBits
MAC search removed by AgileBits
Safari search removed by AgileBits

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 532001
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Apie,

Sorry for removing your images. They showed some email addresses which I suspect you didn't intend to display in a public forum. So for your protection I've removed the links for now - I hope you don't mind.

Now, to your query. Can you try the following for me please. On your Mac can you edit one of the items that isn't showing up in 1Password mini and check to see what the option display is set to. This option is only visible in edit mode so viewing the item isn't enough. Now I suspect that you will find the display option is set to Never display in browser. If it is changing it to Always should mean visibility in 1Password is returned.

I might be wrong but that is the most probable reason and worth eliminating even if it isn't the cause. Hopefully though we'll be hearing that normal behaviour has been restored :smile:

• Apie
    Apie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for "looking after me," a bit "security unaware" with excessive trust!
    That worked for me, and I'm sorry that it seems now as a stupid question - I guess I should have seen that option.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again @Apie :wink:

This particular option catches a few people out so you've got nothing to feel silly over. It's easy for us as we work with the application all day every day and even then I'm still learning little bits of behaviour I didn't know before. Oh and of course that option is hidden until you edit an item too.

As an example of something I only learnt recently, if you were a 1Password 3 for Mac user and you created a Login item with no website field (so no URL) 1Password would believe it's being helpful by setting the display option to Never display in browser. I assume it was built on the premise that it couldn't tell where to fill it anyway so may as well hide it. I discovered while trying to figure out how somebody could have had hidden items when they were confident it wasn't something they would have done themselves.

The forums can be great for such tidbits, it's where I first found out about How to manually save a Login, something that really had an impact on how I create Login items.

If you have any more questions please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.