Extension planned for Edge / Project Spartan? [remains to be seen]

Wilhelm
Wilhelm
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi I know it's early days, but I've switched over to Project Spartan / Edge and am finding it pretty great (...yes I know... :blush: ). Was wondering when / whether we'll be getting 1Password extension to suit?
Thanks for a great product!

Comments

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Hello @Wilhelm!

Isn't it fun to try out the newest, shiniest things? We don't talk about upcoming features, but I'll definitely make sure our developers know you're interested in seeing an extension for Microsoft Edge :)

Update: Microsoft doesn't have a third-party API for Edge yet, and we're not sure when or if that will become available. Hopefully they'll provide a way for us to create an extension in the near future!

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, Aleen!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Aleen, you are quite welcome! :)

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Have a great week!

• splatmatt
    splatmatt
    Community Member

I too am interested in the development of a plugin for the Edge Browser

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Thank you for letting us know you are interested as well!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hello @splatmatt @willhelm
    Microsoft demoed 3rd party plugin support for the Edge browser during Build//2015, but we haven't seen it working in the latest Edge beta, and we don't know when they'll give developers access. We may need to wait until the official release of Windows 10 before we know if the 1Password browser extension will work on Edge 8-)

• aruehrig
    aruehrig
    Community Member

I had the same thoughts... although beta, edge is becoming my standard browser as it is so much faster than chrome - hope you guys build an extension for it soon :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you're interested, @aruehrig!

• docparker
    docparker
    Community Member

I'm sure as many are, I'm looking forward to the Edge iteration of 1Password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @docparker!

This discussion has been closed.